You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 23rd 2017, 10:01pm

Newbie questions

Hello guys I remembered the game from my childhood and saw it on steam and decided to really get into it. First I have some queations and I'll be glad if you can help me with them:
1. Steam vs native client (how does the native client launcher looks? Maybe I'll play it outside steam if it looks cool).
2. Where can I find a full list of patches and past expansions with respective logos ( love the artwork of them).
3. Any big good online guide?
4. Any good allods youtubers?
5. How quickly they add new updates/new cash shop microtransactions?
6. Do I need to know lore before starting to play?
Thanks for answers in advance! I'm eager to see you in-game.

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 12:06am

This how it looks:

This is the look if you have my.com app thing (or it is how it looks before, i don't use it atm)

https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=11761
https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…99402#post99402

5. Have one big patch each year (at end/start of the year) and 3 seasons in the middle (middle size patches). Those are the important ones. Then have smaller with events, sales, etc.

6. Not really.

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 12:07am

Hello guys I remembered the game from my childhood and saw it on steam and decided to really get into it. First I have some queations and I'll be glad if you can help me with them:
1. Steam vs native client (how does the native client launcher looks? Maybe I'll play it outside steam if it looks cool).
best idea probably is use my.com downloader to 1st download game and then uninstall mycom downloader and use regular allods launcher.exe (allodsonline\bin\launcher.exe) - the my.com downloader causes trouble for many ppl
oh and the steam thing - i think it just downloads the launcher
2. Where can I find a full list of patches and past expansions with respective logos ( love the artwork of them).
best try is entry the names into some web-imagesearch - if this wont help finding something specific im sure if you make a thread some player will have it and upload it for you - the community here is very nice
the forum is full of them
what is good? there are some videos showing how the game is played, however they are only viable to those who know what is shown there, when you show it to someone not playing allods he will say it looks like the cockpit of a plane and he has no idea of what he is seeing there :P
but i like that players take time to upload videos so those who cant play for whatever reason still can watch videos
there are always new things so the game wont get boring, however there are very few new relevant items - sales are usually repeated every year or so so players can catch up
no, if you dont want to cope with the lore you can play the game just by interpreting the visual highlights (press T) and using automove; you wont have to read 1 single questtext
(however i strongly recommend to still do it since the story is awesome and very entertaining)

yes see you! and welcome back :)

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 4:11am

best idea probably is use my.com downloader to 1st download game and then uninstall mycom downloader and use regular allods launcher.exe (allodsonline\bin\launcher.exe) - the my.com downloader causes trouble for many ppl
oh and the steam thing - i think it just downloads the launcher
best try is entry the names into some web-imagesearch - if this wont help finding something specific im sure if you make a thread some player will have it and upload it for you - the community here is very nice
the forum is full of them
what is good? there are some videos showing how the game is played, however they are only viable to those who know what is shown there, when you show it to someone not playing allods he will say it looks like the cockpit of a plane and he has no idea of what he is seeing there :P
but i like that players take time to upload videos so those who cant play for whatever reason still can watch videos
there are always new things so the game wont get boring, however there are very few new relevant items - sales are usually repeated every year or so so players can catch up
no, if you dont want to cope with the lore you can play the game just by interpreting the visual highlights (press T) and using automove; you wont have to read 1 single questtext
(however i strongly recommend to still do it since the story is awesome and very entertaining)

yes see you! and welcome back :)
Wow thanks soo much!

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 4:15am

This how it looks:

This is the look if you have my.com app thing (or it is how it looks before, i don't use it atm)

https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=11761
https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…99402#post99402

5. Have one big patch each year (at end/start of the year) and 3 seasons in the middle (middle size patches). Those are the important ones. Then have smaller with events, sales, etc.

6. Not really.
Thanks you too for the launcher insight. Cool

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 4:27am

Found a useful update list if you are interested too:
https://allods.mail.ru/forums/forumdispl…=343&order=desc

Wow there are so many russians in this game xD. I hope they speak english on the discord channel. Btw what's the current playerbase?

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 8:39am

Kurtcobain

Professional

Hello

just to make a thing clear, if you will download the game client and start the game you will not find many russians :D

Russia has a own client for Allods. We are here on the EU/NA Forum of the game and our client is EU/NA Server!

greetz

Kurt
Kurtcobain-Lvl 80-Demo/ Sechmet-Lvl 80 Cleric

KurtCobain - lvl 80 Cleric (LEAGUE)

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 2:21pm

@user_14576421 that is the russian forum. Is a very nice place to check what is in development and can also check some builds for your character too.