You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 24th 2019, 6:55pm

Returning player - nostalgia hir hard

Nostalgia hit me hard just now, Allods was my first mmo ever, and I am still in love with the world and visual style of the game.
If I remember correctly I left shortly after bards were introduced, a whole lot seems to have changed since then. My question now is, are
there hints you'd give a 'new' player? I'm still familiar with the zones of dungeons up to ... I think isle of revelation? (God was it an
awesome feeling getting there the first time ... the music man, the music!)
Are there classes or races that I should better avoid for now, or some other traps a new player could step into? How are professions doing these days? I'm looking forward to reading about your wisdom, more experienced players :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sophor" (Mar 24th 2019, 7:01pm)

Thursday, March 28th 2019, 8:37am

Nino

Beginner

Thursday, March 28th 2019, 10:18am

Thursday, March 28th 2019, 10:37am

Aionwen

Intermediate

OH YEAH THE MUSIC!!!
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Thursday, March 28th 2019, 4:07pm

idunno93

Beginner

Sorry to kinda hijack your thread but I'm also a returning player and yeah nostalgia hits hard! I'm also looking for any tips and noob mistakes to avoid :P
What are the main things I should be buying first from the boutique? Also if is there any leveling guilds? eng if possible
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
- Frank Leahy

Thursday, March 28th 2019, 7:47pm

any tips and noob mistakes to avoid

1. Do all the storyline quests or you may find yourself locked out of zones your own level. I am 85 but still don't have access to the key 85 zone for new 85s because I haven't completed all the storyline quests in Sogot. The game does not really make clear which zones are blocked until you complete the storyline quests in a lower zone.

2. Don't believe all the game mail you receive or the in-game recommendations. When you are 75 and 80, they recommend you do activities that are not available until 85 and zones that are too hard for a 75 or 80.

3. Keep an eye on the Automove feature. It can be useful but often takes you right through a clump of monsters that will kill you and occasionally over the edge of an allod and straight to purgatory.