You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 2:34pm

Mamojebac

Trainee

• "Mamojebac" started this thread

Fiddlers PvE and PvP builds

Since I got my greatness yesterday I decided to post my builds here to help new and old bards in their game. I'll explain all the talents and rubies I took as well as why I took them so there's no confusion. Here we go.

PvE Stats

PvP Stats

Offensive Stats

Vigor - your major DPS stat, the higher this is the stronger you'll hit.

Proficiency - this stat increases your DPS by a % equal to the number of the stat so for 40 proficiency you have a 40% damage boost. In the end of gearing I'll have around 60% of my stats in proficiency. I've also put 10 of my stat points in it.

Determination - this stat boosts your DPS depending on the % of determination you have from receiving damage. I like to have around 10 stats from gear in this one because a lot of astral and raid mobs and bosses have some AoE or random targeting system and it's always nice for a damage boost. Also it boosts your damage in PvP since you're almost always getting hit by someone.

Brutality - this stat boosts your DPS depending on the HP of your enemy. So the lower the HP the more damage you do to him. In the end of gearing I'll have around 40% of my stats in brutality. I've also put 10 of my stat points in it.

Anger - this stat makes it easier and faster to do wound complexity to your enemy. The higher it is the faster you'll do it. It's an useless stat for PvE so I don't have any points in it. I've tested it in PvP and it takes a long time to put wounds on someone with 20 stat points in it so I've just given up on it and decided that I'll just get the PvP relics in stead and be satisfied with it.

Defensive Stats

Stamina - your major defensive stat, the higher it is the more HP you have.

Vitality - this stat increases your health by a % equal to the number of the stat so for 20 vitality you have a 20% HP boost. In the end of gearing
I'll have around 80% of my stats in vitality.

Willpower - this stat increases your resistance to cc effects. After you lose a certain amount of HP under cc effects or after a certain amount of time you get immunity to cc for a few seconds. The higher it is the faster and longer these effects happen. This stat is useless for PvE so I don't have any points in it. It's a good stat for PvP but I won't have any points in it because we have the Ballade skill which protects us from cc and sometimes I want to be cc-ed to get the cd off of my solo down so I can pwn.

Bloodlust - this stat heals you for a % of the damage or healing you do. The % is higher for damage than it is for healing. This stat is useful to have at around 10% of your damage turned to self-healing so when you're in a hard fight and get hurt you can heal yourself and the healer can focus on the tank. It's also good for grinding mobs since you'll always be on full HP even with large pulls. For PvP it's useful because it's the only heal you have and it can save your neck.

Tenacity - this stat makes it so that it takes longer for you to receive wound complexity. It's not really that useful unless you're a tank, right now I have some stats in it because of the crafted gear I have but in the future I'll get rid of it in favor of vitality. For PvP it's also kind-of useless because if you managed to survive so long to get wounds in mass PvP then you're either a healer or someone who's being focused by a healer for a long time. You just need to exit combat for a few seconds to get rid of the wounds and jump back in so I don't see the point.

Weapon Stats

Melee Damage - this stat comes from your 1h weapon and it used for your Flying Blade and Raving Blade attacks. I'm using a blue astral mace weapon since it gives the most of it and I like the damage the mace has since we as bards don't care about the speed of the weapon.

Magic Power - this stat comes from your wand and is used for all of your other attacks. I'm using a blue astral wand since it gives more magical power than the epic crafted one.

Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Astralis

http://allods-avarice.shivtr.com/

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mamojebac" (Apr 4th 2014, 2:54pm)

Friday, April 4th 2014, 2:36pm

Mamojebac

Trainee

PvE Talents

Dissonance/Disharmony - this is your main spamming attack. It deals astral damage to an enemy in front of you and which is closest to you in a certain radius so be careful with positioning when you use it.

Elegy/Cantata - this is your main damaging song. Always have it on when you're fighting. It deals shadow damage to every enemy in a 20 yard radius that you're in combat with.

Acoustic Barrier - this is a shield that has a 50% chance to absorb some incoming damage and damaging the attacker. It's good for grinding or leveling when you're waiting for some energy to come back so you can attack.

Solo - this is a skill which does 9 Disharmony attacks in 6 seconds to a random enemy in a 20 yard radius. It's great for 1v1 fights but be careful when you're somewhere where there's a lot of mobs or there's a cc-ed mob.

Romance/Serenade - this skill pulls an enemy to you and knocks it while dealing some damage to it while it's running to you. The farther away your target is the more damage it gets. This skill is great for pulling someone out of a crowd or just taking some mob off a tank so he can have a breather.

Protective Tune - this skill will save your life if (when) you pull aggro and your HP goes down. You'll be almost invulnerable for a few sec, just the
time the tank needs to pull aggro off of you and the healer needs to heal you.

Nocturne - this skill is our only heal and is useful in grinding/lvling. It's also useful as an off-heal to help the healer to focus more on the tank while it heals the party if you're in a hard fight.

Flying Blade - our most damaging skill. You basically throw your weapon at the enemy and that's it. It has a random cd so it can sometimes be annoying and sometimes good. With rubies it deals astral damage.

Power Chord - this skill is spammed at the beginning of any longer fight where you don't kill the mobs in 5 seconds. It increases the damage your Dissonance/Disharmony does on the target by 16% and it stacks up to 3 times while doing a minor DoT. So it boosts the damage of your main spam attack by 48%, just remember to renew it after every 20 seconds or so.

Musical Notation - this talent gives you the 4 buffs any good party needs. It's great because you have a buff for any situation you're in and can fill almost any spot in a party.

Timpani - this skill makes your Dissonance/Disharmony and Power Chord skills into an AoE attack. Just make sure you use it before you use them after every attack. It increases the energy cost of the attacks by a bit but it's worth it for the AoE effect.

Dancing Blade/Raving Blade - this is a casting attack which does damage every second for 5 seconds and a final bigger hit at the end of casting with the rubies. It has a low energy cost so it's great for when you're waiting for your energy to come back.

Muse - this skill reduces the cd of all of your skills by 50% and is great for big fights. With rubies it renews extra energy also.

Overture - this skill has a chance to dispel a magical effect from your target and heals you if it's successful. It's useful in certain fights where mobs have magical effects that can be dispelled.

Encore - this skill resets the cd of all of your skills. I mainly use it when I'm finished with my first muse and my Solo and Flying blade are on cd so you get all 3 in 1 shot and is great for a DPS boost.

Shadow Duette - this skill makes a copy of you somewhere where you place it which plays the same songs you're playing. I mostly switch from my Aria to Nocturne for a sec use it and then go back to Aria for a heal and DPS help if needed.

PvE Rubies

Perfect Ear - increases proficiency by 9 points.

Astral Blade - makes your Flying Blade do 60% more damage and turns it into an astral attack.

Loud Timpani - increases the range of Dissonance/Disharmony and Power Chord when used with Timpani and Solo by 10 yards and decreases their energy cost by 15%.

Loud Chords - makes your Dissonance/Disharmony and Power Chord do 15% more damage when used with Timpani.

Sharp Chord - increases the damage of Dissonance/Disharmony and Power Chord by 20%.

Long Solo - makes your Solo do 3 extra Dissonance/Disharmony attacks.

Passionate Performance - makes you do 9% more damage while you're at 75% or more of your HP.

Second Fiddle - increases your damage by 6% and decreases your threat by 30% so you don't pull aggro that much.

Lullaby - cc's 1 target which HP is over 90% for 8 sec for every 2 sec of playing. This is a good cc for when you're doing some hard mobs in astral or raids.

Combat Tune - decreases the cd and energy cost of your Dancing Blade/Raving Blade skill by 15%.

Virtuoso - increases determination by 9 points.

Grand Finale - does 1 extra attack at the end of casting of your Dancing Blade/Raving Blade skill for good damage.

Reverberation - when you use your Rhapsody skill on someone else you get a 15% boost to your HP and do 3% more damage for every song you do.

Exaltation - every 2 seconds a song that you preform has a 6% chance to give you an Euphoria effect which boosts your energy regeneration by 10 for 6 seconds. This is really useful for spamming attacks.

Temperament - decreases the energy consumption while preforming more than 1 song by 3. This means that you get 8 energy points in stead of 5 when preforming 2 songs at the same time.

Protective Overtones - increases your armor by 6% for every song you preform.

Funeral March - when your enemy is under 25% hp your Elegy/Cantata will give him this effect. It increases the astral damage done to the target by 100%. I usually wait for this to use my Flying Blade or Solo when I have them off cd at around 35-40% HP for that extra damage boost.

Melpomene - increases your energy regeneration rate by 9 while the muse is on.

Child of fortune - increases luck by 9 points.

Modulation - increases the effectiveness of your Elegy/Cantata and Nocturne skills by 18%.

Aria - grants you an Aria effect every 6 second which adds some damage to your Dissonance/Disharmony attacks and it stacks up to 20. Use it when you're DPS-ing.

Frivolity - resets the cd of your Romance/Serenade skill if a target pulled by it dies in 15 seconds.

Bully - increases your vigor by 9%.
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Mamojebac" (Apr 4th 2014, 3:01pm)

Friday, April 4th 2014, 2:42pm

Mamojebac

Trainee

PvP Talents (only those that aren't explained in the PvE section)

Ballade - a song that grants you and your group members a Ballade effect every 5 seconds (3 with rubies) which blocks an attempt to use a cc skill on you.

Fugue in A minor - a skill that stuns and fears the target you use it on and fears everyone else in a 10 yard radius.

PvP Rubies (only those that aren't explained in the PvE section)

Unison - places a DoT, which can stack up to 3 times, on your target whenever it gets hit by your racial, Flying Blade or Grand Finale attacks.

Trickster - increases your vitality by 15 points.

High Tempo - decreases the time between ticks of Ballade by 33%.

Forbidden Note - decreases the cd of Fugue in A minor by 30% and its cast time by 60%.

Dancing Shadows - makes your target invisible for 10 seconds as long as you don't move. Good skill when you're outnumbered and need to wait for your team or just want a breather.

Menacing Tune - makes your Overture skill slow the target down by 50% for 15 seconds and increases the shadow damage it receives by 15%.

Inspiration - when you dispel something with Overture you get an Inspiration buff which regenerates an extra 10 energy points for 6 seconds.

New Idea - grants you an Improvisation ability. Whenever someone uses a cc skill against you and is blocked by your Ballade you get 1 New Idea buff which can stack up to 4 times. Then you use the Improvisation skill and stun the target for 2 sec for every stack of the New Idea effect and do some damage to it.

Rock and Roll - reduces the cd of Solo by 15 sec for every cc ability that manages to get through your Ballade. In mass PvP if you keep getting targeted you can spam Solo all the time.

Racial Skills
These are the skills you get from leveling and finishing world miseries. I don't know the names of the racial skills of the other races so I'll just name them by race.

Steel Luster (elf racial) - blinds the target for 6 seconds and does some damage.

Kanian Racial - immobilizes the target for 6 seconds.

Xadagian Racal - silences the target for 6 seconds.

Orc Racial - stuns the target for 4 seconds.

Allegro - a song that gives you and your party members an Allegro effect every 4 seconds which increases your on foot movement speed by 15% for 15 seconds out of combat and in combat it attempts to dispel a movement impairing effect.

Rhapsody - grants you or a member of your party a Fervor effect which increases the HP of the person by 15% + 15% for every party member in a 100 yard radius. You can only give it to 1 person.

Well that's all folks. Sorry for the multiple posts but I couldn't do a post with more than 10k chars in it. Hope this helps any struggling bards out there. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them here.

Fid
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice

Friday, April 4th 2014, 3:23pm

Friday, April 4th 2014, 4:44pm

Nice work! I like how you focused the chord rubies as well as neglecting rank 3 of raving blade..That's something common we did haha but there are still some little thingies I don't like about your build..I will explain them shortly in points:

In PVE build:

1-First of all, you focused ranking solo to max rank instead of maxing out disharmony which is a spammable skill for both single target and AOE so let me ask you a questions: is 2 more ticks in solo worth spending 5 talent points instead of using them to up disharmony (specially the damage of solo is affected by the damage of disharmony as we know)?

2-You didn't focus raving blade much yet you pick combat tune rubies..I know they are not that bad but do u think 15% less energy and CD on one skill is worth spending 3 rubies for it? I mean don't you feel its a waste specially you don't focus raving blade to the fullest?

3-Romance is a fine skill for both PVE and PVP though it's use in PVE is kinda limited but serenade why would you pick it? I mean its damage is so small.I'd take r1 ballade instead as it is useful in some astral isles where mobs do much CC specially the fear that can make 1 party member aggro hundreds of mobs haha but anyway it's up to you.

4-The 2nd protective overtone (armor ruby) you picked down there to reach melpomenes instead of an invigoration ruby..I know 1 ruby of invigoration has very long CD,yes? but you can always encore it...I use it not only for the 3 songs (I know that 3rd song has very reduced tick specially in rank 1 invigoration) but specially for the bonuses an additional song can give you (more armor from protective overtone ruby and more damage from reverberation rubies as well as bigger chance to get euphoria effect which makes your energy regen go mad specially if combined with Muse ^.-

5-Now where to begin? where to begin? okay these determination rubies in PVE,you said you like to have some determination so when you get hit by mobs or so you deal more damage etc and that a damage boost is nice..Yes a damage boost is nice but NOT always,why? Say your tank lost aggro as he/she needed to do some damage to regain aggro and you have some good determination +mobs are attacking you...In this case the tank will find it harder to regain aggro specially when it comes to large number of mobs..It's because simply the more determination the more damage and healing bonus you get from receiving hits from enemies and more healing and damage=more aggro so it will be harder for tank to control aggro again specially when it comes to paladin tanks who got their interdiction damage halved..More over that tank won't be able to accumulate determination % in the bar since he is not receiving damage and tanks focus determination so this means less damage and healing dealt by the tank= even less aggro specially for groups..I hope you got what I'm trying to say.I have a level 58 paladin which used to be my first main back then so I know some about the suffering of tanks to hold aggro sometimes.

-I guess that's all what I've to say about your PVE build.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As for PVP build,Its cool as well and I see it's a damage PVP build not a tanky one which is also okay but there is something or two I don't like about it:

1-First of all you didn't pick muse at all and I don't need to tell you how many etude skills do bards use in PVE so the faster the casting time is the better or am I wrong?

2-You focused chords instead of Raving blade..Yes I know chords can dash more damage and spammable and give you the chance to have more mobility while attacking but in open PVP areas like JC for example you sometimes can't control who to hit and who not to hit with chords so you might end up attacking your allies by wrong many times and have to close your cantata and put it on again in order to stop attacking your allies which is a waste of time while Raving blade is made for single target and far easier to target someone with it than chords.Its up to you anyway :)

3- No requiem or even nocturne.Requiem is very good for countering heals so it counters FH and paladins in PVP and shut down their healing so they lose a bit of their sustain specially combined with shadow duette it's double requiem so doubles the less healing debuff..Nocturne is good for sustain and survival in both PVE and PVP as well as supporting party/raid ofc.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
After all, these are just my ideas and opinion nothing more nothing less so it's up to you if you wanna follow them or not..Other than that nice builds and good job but still that doesn't mean you'd ignore the feed back specially if you wanna improve ^.-
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 5:25pm

Mamojebac

Trainee

PvE

1. I like to spam Solo a lot. I know some bards use it only on bosses but I do it as long as it's off cd. But I might take it to 1 and take the 1 point in Serenade to get Disharmony up to r3. Still have the DoD so I might use it for that. This is the build I've lvled with and it serves me well.

2. Where would you put the extra 3 rubies for better DPS? I can't find anything to boost it any more.

3. As I said I'll probably remove the Serenade point for Disharmony r3.

4. I never really tested Invigoration because it didn't look like a great boost. I mean I could use it for nocturne but then it wouldn't do much since the ticks are nerfed.

5. I stand by what I said for determination. A lot of mobs and bosses have random target and AoE attacks and whether you like it or not you're gonna get hit so better to get something out of it. The places where I go full crazy AoE bursting are the places I know I can kill the mobs before they kill me so the extra DPS is good. I also have a pala reinc and play it in astral and don't have any mayor problems with holding aggro on multiple mobs.

PvP

1. Muse didn't look like a viable option from the start. To take it I'd need 6 talent points to make it useful and I need them in other stuff.

2. I've had a lot of practice with chords and rarely hit something I don't want to hit. And I took all the Raving Blade rubies, just didn't take the 15% damage increase since they only work on Raving Blade.

3. Requiem is random on low ranks and from the healers I've fought there wasn't any difficulty in killing them. And there just aren't enough talents or rubies to max everything out so I decided to ditch it and Nocturne. I've picked the 2 songs I'm running with in PvP and that's it.
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice

Friday, April 4th 2014, 6:54pm

1. I like to spam Solo a lot. I know some bards use it only on bosses but I do it as long as it's off cd. But I might take it to 1 and take the 1 point in Serenade to get Disharmony up to r3. Still have the DoD so I might use it for that. This is the build I've lvled with and it serves me well.
In AOEs I prefer using timpani to solo so I'd say solo is best for single target,yes?as it doesn't stack with timpani and I think hitting much mobs with like 3 disharmony AOE is better than hitting them with 9 single target disharmony from solo if you get what I mean specially if the number of mobs is bigger :)
2. Where would you put the extra 3 rubies for better DPS? I can't find anything to boost it any more.
You can get octave rubies for power chord..I know the damage seems minimal but you see it increases duration of your power chord effect by like 6 seconds as well as its damage and as you know power chord stacks 3 times so the bonus from octave is tripled..More over the extended duration helps you save more energy so you'll have to spam power chord again less often which saves energy.I hope you get my point of view. :rolleyes:
3. As I said I'll probably remove the Serenade point for Disharmony r3.
Fair enough :)
4. I never really tested Invigoration because it didn't look like a great boost. I mean I could use it for nocturne but then it wouldn't do much since the ticks are nerfed.
I see invigoration more useful than that 1 more armor ruby specially for extra DPS but everyone has a point of view so it doesn't matter :P
5. I stand by what I said for determination. A lot of mobs and bosses have random target and AoE attacks and whether you like it or not you're gonna get hit so better to get something out of it. The places where I go full crazy AoE bursting are the places I know I can kill the mobs before they kill me so the extra DPS is good. I also have a pala reinc and play it in astral and don't have any mayor problems with holding aggro on multiple mobs.
Yes what you say is true but that doesn't mean what I said is wrong and both cases can happen so I stand by what I said too.
PvP
1. Muse didn't look like a viable option from the start. To take it I'd need 6 talent points to make it useful and I need them in other stuff.
so may be remove disharmony or remove a rank from serenade and romance in order to get muse..After all romance and serenade's CD is reseted if you kill target in a certain duration after you pull them if you have frivolity ruby which you actually do have sooo... ^^
2. I've had a lot of practice with chords and rarely hit something I don't want to hit. And I took all the Raving Blade rubies, just didn't take the 15% damage increase since they only work on Raving Blade.
Well if you say so then I'd say its fair enough yet I prefer using Raving blade in PVP more since its more accurate but all good :)
3. Requiem is random on low ranks and from the healers I've fought there wasn't any difficulty in killing them. And there just aren't enough talents or rubies to max everything out so I decided to ditch it and Nocturne. I've picked the 2 songs I'm running with in PvP and that's it.
I have r3 muse r3 raving and r3 ballade and r3 requiem and r2 cantata and r3 fugue in a minor as well as r2 acoustic barrier since my build is more focused on being tanky with much CC and yet I have room to take r1 serenade as well as r1 encore and shadow duette <.< so may be if you make your cantata r2 instead this saves 6 talent points so you can pick full rank requiem...After all requiem increases your cantata damage by a good % as well as reducing enemy healing so I see this as a more winning situation but its up to you anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-I'm just trying to share thoughts and giving feed back since feed back of others helped me improve my build much back then on old forums so I hope it helps somehow haha..Anyway you make sense in most of the points you explained and I respect that..Its just we don't see things the same and that's common and okay in human beings..But always through sharing thoughts and knowledge you improve your knowledge and are able to reach better results..Haha I talk a lot sometimes >.< Good work anyway. :thumbsup:

Friday, April 4th 2014, 10:45pm

Just going to say, you've lowered your dps spec's optimal dps - PvP you don't really need love serenade at r2; love song r2 should be fine the 3 tp could go elsewhere.

@ yoyo's above post in order; as well as commentary for mamo

1. agreed

2. I hope you're trolling.

3. Totally just saw the serenade swap nvm my above comment

4. Further explaining - it doesn't matter what you use you're invigoration on whether it be allegro it still boosts the proc chance of euphoria by an additional 50% of what you would normally get - More energy more spam + it resets with encore and you shouldn't be facetanking the mobs if you're tanks useful.

5. Tbh depending on how many rubies you have not getting it can be an option; I mean I remove it if I'm doing very specific tasks I know I won't need the determination for; but generally just keep it. #VOD -- It does work with all debuffs in astral that inflict damage to you so - twitch move bloody path 100% det pew pew.

PvP 1. Agree, get muse can see those little invisible peeps and be like hue murder.

PvP 2. I forgot to test it but pre-patch the 15% dps boost applied to flying blade; then the flying blade dps got boosted into astral damage after that so like 115% + (60%x115). It's not extremely worthwhile to go for them though.

PvP 3. Yes requiem boosts cantata damage but only on that single target that's randomly effected by it; winds up being more viable to just run ballade and max cantata bc you get an overall aoe damage boost from cantata because of it being a higher rank as opposed to less aoe damage but you do slightly more to a single target you may not really be trying to kill.

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 12:21am

2. I hope you're trolling.
Lol not at all..Most bards just refuse these 3 rubies without trying them and go for the combat tune..I tried both and the octave prove more useful specially when you focus chords..Well just my opinion and I guess there is no trolling in it..For me an AOE stackable DOT whatever small its damage is I'll still care about it more than a single target skill that can be interrupted and yet only 15% only energy cost and CD reduction from its rubies since small damage to several targets = great damage (the more the merrier) so the small bonus grows up later to be something..This is my point of view so compare both and see what you like better..For me octave is better and after all both are like filler rubies for me and not priorities so it's not something worth arguing about.

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 12:31am

Guess it depends how long the aoe pull is alive, but the solo rubies or even just the cdr/cast time on raving would net more dps for bosses and spamming timp disharmony would do more x0

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 4:54am

Guess it depends how long the aoe pull is alive, but the solo rubies or even just the cdr/cast time on raving would net more dps for bosses and spamming timp disharmony would do more x0
Yup the solo CDR rubies are cool too I just forgot about them..The amount of CDR for solo it gives is more considerable and better than combat tune.

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 1:17am

Okay about the chords in PVP subject..I was confused and thought about it and I see there is no other option to deal more damage unless one picks solo and makes chords stronger though solo is so random and hard to target a certain target like raving blade but yet it deals some op dps after I tried it with the new modified rock and roll rubies and this thing just rocks..Haha I'm still confused how to use them in JC but I guess I'll figure out a way.Anyway this was a great idea to get solo with these rubies and stronger chords but how about you get funeral march rubies and the rubies that deal 20% more damage to CC ed targets for a head shot flying blade+solo combo? haha..Just a suggestion.
Good job.