You are not logged in.

Monday, April 14th 2014, 2:53am

Question about herb gathering

I picked Alchemy as a profession, and I am afraid it was a bad one. The point is, gathering supplies is painstakingly slow, since you cannot buy them, if I'm not mistaken. I've read a few guides, but they seem all outdated. Besides, they all mention the possibility of repeteadly gathering herbs farming the same spot: is it still possible? Anytime I gather a herb somewhere, the green dots disappear in that zone and I cannot gather anything anymore, if not chancing spot, often going quite far.

Am I doing something wrong?

Are there professions whose supplies are easier to gather?
Peldrigal - Pirati Astrali - Empire

Monday, April 14th 2014, 4:38am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I picked Alchemy as a profession, and I am afraid it was a bad one. The point is, gathering supplies is painstakingly slow, since you cannot buy them, if I'm not mistaken. I've read a few guides, but they seem all outdated. Besides, they all mention the possibility of repeteadly gathering herbs farming the same spot: is it still possible? Anytime I gather a herb somewhere, the green dots disappear in that zone and I cannot gather anything anymore, if not chancing spot, often going quite far.

Am I doing something wrong?

Are there professions whose supplies are easier to gather?

Easiest way to gather herbs/ore is to get a looter bird and herb/ore manual so the looter bird will gather them for you (if on F2P) otherwise just gather the herbs as questing but you have to make sure to keep your alch up to the level you are. But then there is the option of waiting till you are at lvl cap and then doing it all when you are bored of standing around waiting for astral or waiting for wh/jc/df/aod to pop.

oops almost forgot. The green dot will be all around. Some zones have a huge patch for 1 place you gather and other will be dot for dot.

Monday, April 14th 2014, 4:47am

Alchemy and the smithing proffessions are annoying at first. When you succeed in harvesting a node from a patch the entire patch will vanish as you have noticed. In the higher level zones the patches become smaller with less nodes so you won't be seeing this latter in the game.

If you don't mind spending money on the cash shop you can buy a looter pet and the appropriate manual which will auto harvest for you.

If you want a profession without harvesting go with Tailoring or Leatherworking. With these professions you just cut appart the fabric or leather that drops from mobs and in the case of leveling the profession after the character you use the Vial or Retroform(1 time purchase) to degrade the stuff you have into the next grade down.

Monday, April 14th 2014, 7:27am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

There are usually plenty of higher level herbs and ore in the auction house. You can usually just buy them instead of sparing your time to run around and collect.
Back from chatting with Nexians.

Monday, April 14th 2014, 9:52am

There are usually plenty of higher level herbs and ore in the auction house. You can usually just buy them instead of sparing your time to run around and collect.

Don't know which server he's on, but on the p2p there's no "loot manuals" for the looter pet so you actually have to harvest everything yourself, because of this there's almost no herbs at all on the auction house.

Monday, April 14th 2014, 1:47pm

Well if he / she is on the league side of the f2p server msg Trallnkurp i can spare some herbs as i only have alchemy for making amal and mana pots an Ive lost interest in even doing that\

Monday, April 14th 2014, 4:46pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Don't know which server he's on, but on the p2p there's no "loot manuals" for the looter pet so you actually have to harvest everything yourself, because of this there's almost no herbs at all on the auction house.

It sure takes some time but even gathering herbs while riding on a wolf doesn't seem to take long if you really need them.
Back from chatting with Nexians.

Monday, April 14th 2014, 6:50pm

its best to do no profession at all, you save time and gold, but you wont miss anything beside a tiny buff that does not matter in sum

Monday, April 14th 2014, 6:53pm

its best to do no profession at all, you save time and gold, but you wont miss anything beside a tiny buff that does not matter in sum

Wrong.
Having alchemy is pretty significant now, it's 2nd best method of obtaining amalgam, first obviously being Anomalous Sector.

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 9:59pm

Thanks to anybody who offered advice. I thought about spending about 13 dollars to have a magpie that collected herbs, slapped myself, came to my senses, did a full trip around all the maps and gathered enough herbs to take the skill to my current level. Now I am drowning in piles of flogiston. ^^

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 10:12pm

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 10:21pm

ValekLost

Trainee

The magpie is your friend Goi!
The magpie is forevah!

8o

Thakalek
Arisen Summoner ~ Lv 60
<Pirati Astrali>
From [ITA] server :|

"Oh my GOSH! FROGS! Frogs EVERYWHERE on this SHIP! And they're ALL CHASINGMEAHHHH!" [Me, during every Archdemon event ._.]

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 10:27pm

Pesky Russians won't have my money...

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 10:30pm

I was hoping the bowtie guy was on P2P, We need more bowties dammit!