You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 3:28pm

Nobody wants to lose the perma titles they've already won.

they should probably clarify this immediately, its possible this is what you all are voting for
Perma titles will remain.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:03pm

CM_official do you know the reason why people want to reset MOS? Please explain to ppl who dont know.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:25pm

In trying to find the best way to push forward this poll, we'd like to first clarify a few points from the administration side.

We've seen several topics regarding MoS over the course of time, yet on each occasion, players were asked to supply tickets to the team in order to act against rule violations - but very few tickets were actually supplied during these times, disallowing approach on the issue for a more technical view to counter abuse/misuse of MoS. Tickets allow administration to solve game problems based on the presumption of player innocence. In practice, it means that any kind of reset may harm genuine players and is something we will always consider to avoid.

As time as passed and as the community mood has shifted to 'we all want a reset', this being true has not been entirely clear and doesn't speak for everyone, including lack of tickets supplied to prove contrary evidence of MoS abuse to administration.

We had considered many different solutions, yet decided to check the overall community mood thoroughly and to be 'certain' that everybody is in agreement to this reset. After all, if everyone 'truly' wanted the reset (as implied), then a 75% vote isn't much to ask for - and would be a reasonable case to reset MoS activity after much uncertainty.

So, we would like to stress once again that this poll is about Community Mood, not bugs - and this is the unanimous statement from Administration on how we deal with every situation.

In case you have infromation about bugs, we STILL ask that now (and in future) you continue supplying tickets for the team to take administrative action against violators.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:30pm

"To achieve a reset, a +75% minimum yes vote is required"

Why not 80% or 69% or 95%? Isnt it everywhere 50% + 1 vote? Pretty strange for me.

The 75% a good value for this. I know thats everywhere is 50% + 1, but in this case its better to do the 75%. Why? It´s simply , we are not that big community like in other games, so a 50/50 poll is a hard punishment for the 49% of the community that loses the poll. So for the Staff it is better if more than 75% of people are happy about the decision than 51% percent. If we were 100 000 People i also would disagree with this poll, cuz then it wouldn't represent the whole community opinion. But as you see only 1000 people voted till this point no matter if some votes are correct or not. The Staff will only make sure that really the "most of the community" will accept the decision.

^^

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:30pm

Anonymous answers have been removed from results. This is how it looks for now.
80% Yes / Ja / Oui / Evet (250)
20% No / Nein / Non / Hayır (62)

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:34pm

Mapz

Trainee

amazing :D over 800+ votes, 500+ were not regular :D

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:37pm

Bear in mind that people creating new accounts for the sake of abusing the poll will have their votes removed in the future. Instead, please consider helping achieve the most accurate result possible for the benefit of everyone.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:43pm

lol, don't you CM's know when you merged the other 2 servers with EU, their MoS waves carried over meaning their waves were from the lvl55 patch...

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 4:43pm

amazing :D over 800+ votes, 500+ were not regular :D
As we do belong to the gaming community ourselves, we know that cheating happens ;)
We are here to prevent it from happening, so let's vote fairly now.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:03pm

lol, don't you CM's know when you merged the other 2 servers with EU, their MoS waves carried over meaning their waves were from the lvl55 patch...
After the merge one season ended (prior to 5.0.01 update) and a new one started (with 5.0.01 release). So even if the MoS season was not re-set at the merge time, the issue became obsolete with 5.0.01 release.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:11pm

Autopsyst

Trainee

Quoted

it is better if more than 75% of people are happy about the decision than 51% percent.

happy for decision? since when fixing a bug should be done considering ppl "happiness" ? 4 years ago there were a bug with npc selling chips on liga side, i wonder why no one made polls that time, just server rollback..
lets make a vote for reversing rune upgrading system, or vote for actually scaling the amount of gold dust that it needs back? or better, make a vote for lowering price of replicators in boutique?
im sure ppl will be quite happy and it will reach 75%, no?
I don't like you, you don't like me
Its not likely that we'll ever be friends
Why pretend?

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:12pm

DarkMatter

Beginner

a hard punishment for the 49% of the community that loses the poll

Sry, but no logic in your comment and no sense in this excuse =))
I mean, its hard punishement for 49% of server - we cant allow it, but if will be 74% - 26% you dont care about 74% of server. I hope u will agree that its wrong, respect 49% of ppl and in same time dont give a ### about 74% of same ppl :P

<snip>
Discussing mod action.
-Mhul
#PLACEHOLDER#

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Oct 14th 2014, 5:21pm)

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:30pm

since when fixing a bug should be done considering ppl "happiness" ?
There is no bug in MoS at the moment.

Once again.

After the merge one season ended (prior to 5.0.01 update) and a new one started (with 5.0.01 release). So even if the MoS season was not re-set at the merge time, the issue became obsolete with 5.0.01 release.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:31pm

Sry, but no logic in your comment and no sense in this excuse =))
I mean, its hard punishement for 49% of server - we cant allow it, but if will be 74% - 26% you dont care about 74% of server. I hope u will agree that its wrong, respect 49% of ppl and in same time dont give a ### about 74% of same ppl :P
http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…42448#post42448

We had considered many different solutions, yet decided to check the overall community mood thoroughly and to be 'certain' that everybody is in agreement to this reset. After all, if everyone 'truly' wanted the reset (as implied), then a 75% vote isn't much to ask for - and would be a reasonable case to reset MoS activity after much uncertainty.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:44pm

since when fixing a bug should be done considering ppl "happiness" ?
There is no bug in MoS at the moment.

Once again.

The season ended for the people from NA and EU. Later on we merged with the Turkish/Italian servers. Those people kept the waves they had prior to 5.01. That is the problem we're facing at the moment.

The biggest let down then was that it ended AFTER the merge instead before so the titles we fought for, for months, ended up going to the EU people instead of being distributed over the NA population. (As a NA champ title holder before the patch.)

Edit: Obviously I meant that the EU people should have their titles but the NA people as well. Although we can't change that anymore letting another season go by with no incentive to do MoS is kind of meh.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:52pm

Oshi

Trainee

THE MOS BUG GUIDE

What is the mos bug?

- The mos bug is the impossibility of reaching hi waves in mos, but still reaching them whiout having hi enouf gear to not be one shot by a mob sneeze.

- How did it happen?

1st mos bug, was caused to to a bug in kirah, where you could pick up a meteorite box and climb it reaching infinit number of waves ( until your pc crashed basicly ) this issue was fixed by gpotato administration.

This 2nd mos bug: Was caused to the fact that Turkish server was merged AFTER all others (1 week or 2 ) and the current season of MOS had already started.
This made the game STORE the data from Turkish players waves in the database, making people have for example 80 waves, where whit the current gear would only be possible to make like 30 in the best case.

So the MOS bug is not players exploiting mos whit a BUG or an abuse, but a DATABASE MERGE problem

Hope i cleared the minds of our Administration, and players.
Kind Regards,

A Victim
:) :) :)

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 6:03pm

ÇiLeK

Intermediate

Well CM, what about 4.0's perma titles? Turkish players' 4.0 waves and titles will be reset but also they will get nothing from 4.0 mos? Is that right and fair?

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 6:04pm

Yuna

Trainee

The biggest let down then was that it ended AFTER the merge instead before so the titles we fought for, for months, ended up going to the EU people instead of being distributed over the NA population. (As a NA champ title holder before the patch.)

Edit: Obviously I meant that the EU people should have their titles but the NA people as well. Although we can't change that anymore letting another season go by with no incentive to do MoS is kind of meh.
I dont get what you mean. NA had less waves than EU best groups. So obviously champ titles went for EU server. It wasn't wrong distribution at all unlikely what happens now with turk/ita servers. :)
Yuna
Monsters Inc.
:love:

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 6:04pm

THE MOS BUG GUIDE

What is the mos bug?

- The mos bug is the impossibility of reaching hi waves in mos, but still reaching them whiout having hi enouf gear to not be one shot by a mob sneeze.

- How did it happen?

1st mos bug, was caused to to a bug in kirah, where you could pick up a meteorite box and climb it reaching infinit number of waves ( until your pc crashed basicly ) this issue was fixed by gpotato administration.

This 2nd mos bug: Was caused to the fact that Turkish server was merged AFTER all others (1 week or 2 ) and the current season of MOS had already started.
This made the game STORE the data from Turkish players waves in the database, making people have for example 80 waves, where whit the current gear would only be possible to make like 30 in the best case.

So the MOS bug is not players exploiting mos whit a BUG or an abuse, but a DATABASE MERGE problem

Hope i cleared the minds of our Administration, and players.
Kind Regards,

A Victim
Here is timeline.
27-th March Turkish and Italy Merge
2-nd July 5.0.01
3-rd July Mausoleum of Sparks new season

Rate this thread