You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 4:40pm

Psio vs Mage

Which is best class atm between mage and psio? Can i have a list of Pros/Cons?

I ask here Psionicists opinions!!

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 5:10pm

psionicist is the "magekiller" (along with summoner&his dots) since it has several skills to absorb mages burstdmg and cc the mage, especially if the psi uses the "clone" the mage is a vulnearable target
once the mage used its blink, use choke on it and it will get in serious trouble

if mage goes invis psi can make it visible again with telepull
if a hard hit is landed on the psi it can use timetravel and go back 10 sec in time before that hit landed
there is a racial ability that disables any incoming non physical damge for 4 seconds (and most of mages attacks come with "projectiles" so if you see a comet and a lavathing flying at you just shield up)
psi also has selfheal & a great barrier that help with damage

a psi in total defense / cc spec is an even worse enemy than a fullhealer because it does more damage, but can absorb / outheal damage almost equally

mage has elemental shield as defense and illusions, but a good psi has no problem with that

if there was a battle between 1psi & 1mage, equal gear,runes,items and both in pvp-spec i would rather want to be the psi than the mage, any time...
some players say psionicist is "the best pvp class", i say psionicist is perfect for pvp by design, its like this class is tailored around almost every pvp situation you can come in

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 30th 2015, 5:16pm)

Wednesday, July 1st 2015, 9:29am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

psionicist is the "magekiller" (along with summoner&his dots) since it has several skills to absorb mages burstdmg and cc the mage, especially if the psi uses the "clone" the mage is a vulnearable target
once the mage used its blink, use choke on it and it will get in serious trouble

if a hard hit is landed on the psi it can use timetravel and go back 10 sec in time before that hit landed
there is a racial ability that disables any incoming non physical damge for 4 seconds (and most of mages attacks come with "projectiles" so if you see a comet and a lavathing flying at you just shield up)

a psi in total defense / cc spec is an even worse enemy than a fullhealer because it does more damage, but can absorb / outheal damage almost equally

mage has elemental shield as defense and illusions, but a good psi has no problem with that

if there was a battle between 1psi & 1mage, equal gear,runes,items and both in pvp-spec i would rather want to be the psi than the mage, any time...
some players say psionicist is "the best pvp class", i say psionicist is perfect for pvp by design, its like this class is tailored around almost every pvp situation you can come in

You havn't palyed mage in pvp didn't u?!

But to answer the main question. ofc. psi is better then mage only if he starts the fight. Same geared mage can kill psi in many ways since psi has only 3 skills which apply to mages: mindfire, ectoplasm and timeloop (hypnosis isn't the issue since willpower stat) rest is crap in fight against mage.
The main spam skill is astral venom which does non at all dmg in compare with mage ice comet. Only the thoughtful spirit can do some dmg, and that is now just bcz of the eq imbalance and low HP on the new glyphs and items (but it will change in a bit).

ps. Is there any thing u don't know ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER since I've seen u talked in almost all posts here but not in game.

Wednesday, July 1st 2015, 11:39pm

You havn't palyed mage in pvp didn't u?!

But to answer the main question. ofc. psi is better then mage only if he starts the fight. Same geared mage can kill psi in many ways since psi has only 3 skills which apply to mages: mindfire, ectoplasm and timeloop (hypnosis isn't the issue since willpower stat) rest is crap in fight against mage.
The main spam skill is astral venom which does non at all dmg in compare with mage ice comet. Only the thoughtful spirit can do some dmg, and that is now just bcz of the eq imbalance and low HP on the new glyphs and items (but it will change in a bit).

ps. Is there any thing u don't know ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER since I've seen u talked in almost all posts here but not in game.

hypnosis does not affect willpower if i remember correctly (same as other special-CCs)?
astral venom combined with speedmode does ~ the same dmg as destabilization (timewise)
the "first hit" for psi is relatively easy since with sharp incursion a psi has the necessary time he needs to establish the mental link
it the cc gets broken there are other ccs available too

imbalance in pvp due to geardifferences is everywhere now, yes, so its harder to judge the real strenght of a class

i have played mage in pvp, but i havent long enough to know everything i want to
however i have fought against mages in pvp very often; i tend to focus them since they often are easy targets (especially if they do not pay attention, barriers down!)

there is a lot of things i dont know, sadly
but there is also a lot of things i do know

also, i prefer the forum over the gamechat for informationexchange
this way everyone can profit

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 10th 2015, 8:29am)

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 12:39pm

Erwyn

Trainee

You people are so cute *_*.
Hypnosis isn't affected by willpower unless they changed it while I was sleeping.
Wall of Blades/Choke and even aoe choke if you wish to try hard is all you need vs mage as each of them pass through barriers and illusions and can't be avoided by flash.

Psi doesn't spam astral venom for our dps :( and thoughtful spirit does more than "some damage", it does alot :D. Our main damage comes from destab or perhaps choke and it hits harder than any comet can :(.

Speaking from experience being a psi but also having fable mage core, I much prefer psi for pvp as it's well, just better. I like mage for astral because aoe pulls op!
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules