You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 5:35pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Hey Groot. Thanks a bunch for the list of necessary items, and the price list! This is very useful information for someone who's not updated about all the new stuff in the game.

I have a few questions I hope you, or someone else, can answer.

1. Will reinforced armor be removed in 7.0 patch? I thought I read it somewhere but I might be wrong.

2. Are any of the competitive items (except mounts) possible to get directly for a static price in the CS? Or do you have to buy like 50 strongboxes before you'll probably get one?

3. I can't remember how strongboxes works really, but if I'm not mistaken you usually get fragments right? And these fragments can be combined to get the lowest grade item, and a certain amount of the lowest grade item can be combined into the next grade item, etc. etc.?
If this is the case, is there a certain % chance to get the item you want directly from a strongbox? I assume the chance is low as f*ck though?

4. Your calculations for prices for all these different items, are they calculated on a certain % chance of getting the item you want by buying strongboxes?
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 9:41am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

1. Will reinforced armor be removed in 7.0 patch? I thought I read it somewhere but I might be wrong.

2. Are any of the competitive items (except mounts) possible to get directly for a static price in the CS? Or do you have to buy like 50 strongboxes before you'll probably get one?

3. I can't remember how strongboxes works really, but if I'm not mistaken you usually get fragments right? And these fragments can be combined to get the lowest grade item, and a certain amount of the lowest grade item can be combined into the next grade item, etc. etc.?
If this is the case, is there a certain % chance to get the item you want directly from a strongbox? I assume the chance is low as f*ck though?

4. Your calculations for prices for all these different items, are they calculated on a certain % chance of getting the item you want by buying strongboxes?
1. Don't know

2. No. Only by opening SBs or buying from another lucky player willing to sell. Prices sure are not static.

3. There's a chance for getting all items directly - the higher/rarer item, the lower % chance. With 30 SBs, you typically end up with few green and 1 or 2 blue and MAYBE 1 epic item and having fragments from all the different qualities. Unless you are lucky. Some players have gotten the rarest items just by opening 1 to 3 boxes (it's that random!). There's also a chance to turn the lowest items into rarer, i.e. 10 greens can be turned into 1 blue, 10 blues to 1 epic and so forth. Some items require less.

4. Can't answer that as it's Groot's work but in general at least on League side, prices are mostly taken out of the wind. The most rarest often cost anywhere between 2 to 5 million golds, while green items vary between 10k to 80k in gold. The prices are more so determinated by the fact of how many players have gotten them. Prices drop quick when there's 30+ items in sale at once in Auction House but remain ridiculously high, if there's only couple items available. You could say there's an unspoken guideline in prices that most common are under 100k and the rarest is over couple million.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 10:03am

freestile

Professional

Thanks for correcting! Have been misinformed then... 2nd reincarnation skill? What does it mean? That a class can have 2 skills from other class? That would be cool!

if i remember well, this item will be a 180d item ;( it's a shame because otherwise it would have been an awesome one 8)

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 10:22am

Thanks for correcting! Have been misinformed then... 2nd reincarnation skill? What does it mean? That a class can have 2 skills from other class? That would be cool!

It means you can have two reincarnation skills on your bar at the same time, but every time you use any of them the cooldown for both will be triggered. Also you can only pick a reinc skill as the second if you have that reinc at max level (won't work for a lower level reinc from which you gained the skill when the level cap was lower).

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 12:58pm

Quinz

Intermediate

4. Can't answer that as it's Groot's work but in general at least on League side, prices are mostly taken out of the wind. The most rarest often cost anywhere between 2 to 5 million golds, while green items vary between 10k to 80k in gold. The prices are more so determinated by the fact of how many players have gotten them. Prices drop quick when there's 30+ items in sale at once in Auction House but remain ridiculously high, if there's only couple items available. You could say there's an unspoken guideline in prices that most common are under 100k and the rarest is over couple million.

Thanks for the info Gwiniel! Regarding question number 4, I was mainly thinking about the BC prices he has entered, since they will vary a lot then considering it's completely random what you get from the strongboxes.

Maybe you can answer another question I've been wondering about for a while. Is it possible to change faction?
I've been wanting to change faction for quite some time because the League side felt more fun for some reason.

I know there was some item long ago that you could buy from the CS, allowing you to change faction, but then they removed it and I didn't see it for a long time.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 1:58pm

freestile

Professional

no you can't change faction anymore, this item has destroyed the balance between the 2 faction so it should have never existed

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 2:22pm

no you can't change faction anymore, this item has destroyed the balance between the 2 faction so it should have never existed

Problem with this item was that whichever faction is truly "outnumbered", or rather "disadvantaged" was determined incorrectly.
If they want to bring back faction change they have to design a whole new complex system to evaluate that.

It should take into account only max level characters and among them only higher tiers of gear as well as rune levels. Also it should factor in recent dominion rankings history by faction.

Only then they could start allowing limited number of transfers to characters that shift power balance (according to above criteria) and only to the disadvantaged faction.

I bet they never do it, it's way too much effort.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 25th 2016, 2:28pm)

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 3:28pm

also the question is does the faction balance rrly matter? its not like there is a real competition beetween factions i mean dominion is beetween guilds,battlegrounds are mixed so the only thing it would matter is pve and for all i care let ppl play with whoever they want to play O.o

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 3:54pm

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

The game has been "factionless" since they implemented dominion and put in the faction change item.
There are no factions anymore.
There are no faction rivalries anymore.
There are only guild rivalries.
There actually should be an option to change factions now imo or just remove factions all together.

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 4:15pm

There actually should be an option to change factions now imo or just remove factions all together
u forget that pvp while lvling is faction based.

Thursday, February 25th 2016, 4:21pm

faction-balance only matters in AOD any longer :wacko:
leveling-pvp also is only a small thing as players simply can turn that off

Friday, February 26th 2016, 9:23am

- 2 more skill point for 182 days
Edera - just nab.
Ruski

Friday, February 26th 2016, 2:47pm

"Allods Online isn't P2W" - ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER 2016.
YOU AINT GOT THE ANSWERS!

Friday, February 26th 2016, 10:25pm

since you can gain BC by exchanging gold which EVERYONE (paying or not paying!) can gain ingame its thankfully not paytowin...
paytowin are the games where you can get items that make some serious difference (and thus make you win) ONLY for $...

allods was paytowin when there was that weird act of cursing your items on death and cure was $ only
same when the incense improved damage and it was $ only
thankfully this is no longer the case

but we all know that those who are impatient and / or losers call games paytowin as an excuse for failing;
in games with no payment-boost these players call those who are superior "Nolifers" instead of "cashers"
and in shootergames there is the general accusation of beeing a "cheater", of course :P

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 26th 2016, 10:33pm)

Saturday, February 27th 2016, 12:19pm

paytowin are the games where you can get items that make some serious difference (and thus make you win) ONLY for $...

No, that's a pay wall. Pay wall might be present in a game that is not pay to win or in one that is. Those two are independent.

For example: If only thing you could buy with crystals were costumes, and you couldn't get crystals in another way than paying for them with real money - the game would have a pay wall but it would not be pay to win.

Pay to win means the more money you pay, the greater advantage you gain in the game.

This is the principal reason gold sellers are a plague and are hated: They can turn a good designed game into pay to win.

Saturday, February 27th 2016, 2:07pm

freestile

Professional

i think what makes people agree or disagree with the statement that a game is or isn't p2w comes from what is TO WiN for you?
i mean Dala, you take the exemple of costumes only buyable with real money, but let's say that one of my first goal in an mmo is to have a pretty char (an important thing for Gwiniel and for me but certainly for many others) those players will then call this game p2w because they can't get what they want the most in this game without real money... .
If i'm a player that is all about pvp, and runes can only be bought throught paying with real money, then i'll say this game is p2w, and it would be normal. But once again you can't call a game in which you can farm ig gold to get things from the cs a p2w. A game that requires a lot of time/money investment ok, but not a game in which you are OBLIGED to pay.
The only people who can complain about the game being p2p are those who don't have much time to play, so in a way if they want to reach there goal ig (still with people who want to be good in pvp) the only way that remains for them is to pay with real$. But even here, it's not really the game falt, it's also that they don't have enought free time in their life for a passion like this (which is a much more important issue that debating about a game being p2w or not^^)

Saturday, February 27th 2016, 3:02pm

Dala,

in every game where progress matters there is the option to gain advantages using $
either you set some programmer for macros / bots on your payroll (or even better you take time to learn how to do this yourself), or you bribe the gamestaff itself, you might buy an account from someone who played a lot, its possible to do arranged events in case thy gain you something, etc
many games tell us about how strict this is forbidden and still players laugh at that since there is NO way to really stop it

the only difference is that in these cases the $ does not directly benefits the game itself(but only private persons) while in games like allods the $ goes to the company running the game (thus i see this somehow as a donation as its good for "the game")
i have never seen a better way dealing with $

so, given all these options EVERY progress-based internetgame has, theoretically we could call them ALL "pay to win"
the closest description "pay to win" fits for me would be a game where the game is over once i reached level 100 and i can pay to get level 100
or a shootergame where i can buy shoot through wall with aimbot and thus always win

in allods you can not pay for having max gear
but gearing takes a lot of time
without gear even complete CS would not help much
(i see myself when i fight players with less cs than me but enchanted teal gear while i have only Lv 65 teal gear)

as as freestile said, the question "what does winning mean in allods" also is not clearly answered / can not be clearly answered due to different POV from every player
for example, personally, i answered this question for me with "i won the game when i reached max level and did all singleplayerquests"
from then on, i stayed because the game is so pretty, even though i already "won" it

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Mar 1st 2016, 2:29pm)

Saturday, February 27th 2016, 8:23pm

The biggest problem of this game are the INSANE prices no matter do you pay real cash or want to pay in game gold and the randomness , why the hell when i pay i cant be sure i get something? For example patronage boxes if someones lucky he will get 150 symbols in 3 boxes and you can use even 15 if unlucky that rly unlfair and should be changed

Monday, July 25th 2016, 12:54pm

Quinz

Intermediate

Hey Groot!

I almost forgot about this one. It contains really good information for beginners and for old veterans coming back to the game (like myself).

Would you care to update this one with current cash shop items? It would also be awesome if you, or someone else who reads this post, could make a list of which items you think are necessary for competitive gameplay.

I'm currently curious about how much money I would have to spend in order to ONLY get the items necessary for having a good chance in PvP, raids etc. I can do the calculations myself since I already have quite a few of these cash shop necessities, so I need to count those out.

The things I'm particularly curious about are:

1. Which types of different pages/scrolls and respective quality of them I should focus on getting. Which ones would be an absolute necessity for competitive play?

2. How much money would it cost to me to get patronage 5, if I don't currently have any progress on it at all?

3. What are the lowest level of runes I would require in order to be on a fair level with the heavy cash shoppers?

Thanks! :)
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, July 25th 2016, 2:10pm

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

Cool, thanks for this! A small request; it would be awesome if you could also write down which ones of these items that are especially necessary for competitive gameplay.

This section below is devoted to understanding if you need/should have/don't need a specific CS Item, with explanations. Please keep in mind this is my opinion and not a bible. If you have something to add, please do so, but in a constructive manner. Please and thank you.

Check out post 5 and 6 in this thread.

Also, if someone could get me the CURRENT (as of right now) gem shard ratio, I can probably update this today if work is slow.
Sadly, I changed my mind lol. I just realized how much work this actually would be and it would actually require me to be logged into the game for more than 5 minutes... This patch.....is the worst patch every released and makes me want to vomit all over my computer screen while looking at it. I hope they fix this damn game/patch because...I'd like to play again, but I just can't play garbage...

Pokemon GO ftw!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Jul 25th 2016, 2:27pm)