You are not logged in.

Monday, December 12th 2016, 12:48am

147.000 Gearscore, Purpe Earringslot and weak Mercenaries despite bestiality Potion

even though we soon get patch 8.0, gear resets and further gearing is not worth it for sure i still want to bring this up...

when you posess no purple / orange earringslot you cant reach 147.000 gs properly
this means you cant craft orange gear and thus you are locked at purple set in total

only way is doing hard sector until you have enough luck with direct drops so it finally reaches 147k, i saw one guy making this
other way would be to find someone giving you a helping hand with orange direct drops (carry)

if you have a purple earringslot or better this does not affect you as you can simply reach the 147k
now i thought this is a special case just affecting me as i always did not found it worth to get a better than the blue earringslot and thus my fault/not relevant in total
but now i saw more players which had exactly the same issue and want to bring up a little critic here as i dont think this should run this way

ok so now where is the problem? it would be none if mercs would be strong enough to properly handle hard sector but since bestiality potion is (for unknown reason!) limited to 1, you cant do these sector and finding a grp is hard and doing so not only 1 or 2 times but regularly kills the fun

so what do do in order to fix this? either fix mercs / the limit of their steroids, make better earringslot available via "+ buy" (like bag enlargement etc), introduce hard mode distortion or lower the gs-requirements...

we already had several issues with gearing this season....

EDIT: maybe uncursing drops helps? saw some drops at close 100% cursed?

this is not a rant/ragepost but rather should be considered as constructive critic and or shared thoughts for those in a similar situation
personally i will find a way short or less, doesnt matter

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 12th 2016, 12:53am)

Monday, December 12th 2016, 1:35am

1 of my guild members had the rare/blue earring slot and he needed to be taxi into leggy in order to get the pieces he needed to get the 147k gs, but i would say save up your realgar each week and then open the large epic boxes for 2 realgar per, it saves you going into epic astral hard mode and you get to just farm epic normal and a few days before you want to open save up the keys you will need and then see what you get.

If you have a decent astral ship, a few friends who know what to do or even some who have blue earrings then you can do astral runs and get large epic boxes that way.

they are the two easy methods i know of to get uncursed gear without having to go into the astral itself.

But 8.0 there maybe a 3rd way there is a scroll that is 30 days old and can uncurse anything up to leggy, it is in the collectors edition, though i am not sure if it will be available in the boutique.

Monday, December 12th 2016, 2:01pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

You can make 147k with blue earring (even with 2 blue at 95%), but you need crafted fabled 73 instead of crafted epic 75.
Each one gives roughly 600GS more than epic 75 @ 100%.
Basically you can achieve it with 3 or 4 fabled 73 depending on your epic drop quality, the more fabled 73 you have the merrier because you'll save more mats to craft leggy 75 (i.e. optimizing meteorite resources).

It's pretty much impossible to do without fabled 73, but you're supposed to go raiding every week to be able to craft them or transform fabled 71 into 73.

You'll need an epic earring if you want to reach 160k while spending the least amount of meteorite, but it"s still doable with a blue one : craft 1 more leggy 75 than required and you're there. All the other crafted need to be fabled 73 ofc.

So I don't see a blue earring as a limiting factor, except for the fact you'll spend a bit more resources than players with epic or leggy earring.

Monday, December 12th 2016, 2:08pm

rozetri

Intermediate

You can make 147k with blue earring (even with 2 blue at 95%), but you need crafted fabled 73 instead of crafted epic 75.
Each one gives roughly 600GS more than epic 75 @ 100%.
Basically you can achieve it with 3 or 4 fabled 73 depending on your epic drop quality, the more fabled 73 you have the merrier because you'll save more mats to craft leggy 75 (i.e. optimizing meteorite resources).

It's pretty much impossible to do without fabled 73, but you're supposed to go raiding every week to be able to craft them or transform fabled 71 into 73.

You'll need an epic earring if you want to reach 160k while spending the least amount of meteorite, but it"s still doable with a blue one : craft 1 more leggy 75 than required and you're there. All the other crafted need to be fabled 73 ofc.

So I don't see a blue earring as a limiting factor, except for the fact you'll spend a bit more resources than players with epic or leggy earring.
In addendum, I'm fairly certain this is by design. Locking you out from doing higher layer astral without heavy grinding for myths and higher efficiency epics is a great way to make you spend money, either on a better earring via strongboxes or replicators and uncurse scrolls. It's underhanded as hell, unfair by all means, and super transparent, but that just means it's probably true based on everything else in the game.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 1:07pm

Well, maybe with a normal lenght season, and the search function for raids, it will be a little easier to get all that next season, but for this one, i am not even close.

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 11:14am

I doubt people will be close any season, they would need to post pone it a bit longer in order for us to max it out, we also have a lot less people and so that is another factor we got to consider.

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 2:18pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

I'm not really in favor of making this last 7.0 season longuer than needed. Given the russians have it for like 3 weeks now, this means that we're going to have a shorter season 1 in 8.0 by at least 3 weeks, if they still plan to sync us with russians, which is all what shorter 7.1 and 7.2 was about.

The longer this 7.2 season lasts, the more pain for us in 8.0 because if the gap is too big, they will need to split it over 2 seasons or pretty much skip the first season alltogether and give us 8.1 only. Or just give up sync us with russians and that means we had shitty incomplete 7.1 and 7.2 seasons for nothing.

This is all pure speculation since the current GM team doesn't give a flying shit about us, and fails to communicate even in the simpliest manner. I'd love them to expose their plans for syncing EU/RU on 8.0, but I doubt they have one even.

Everything would be much better accepted by the community if they would only explain how syncing EU and RU will work, and then we would know beforehand how difficult each season will be for us, and what benefits to expect from it in the end. Who knows, we could even contribute ideas and heads-up about upcoming difficulties as we see them as players.

But we're totally left alone in the dark. So we can only try to guess what will happen to us, and how good or bad we can play the next season. Every answer to any question (if any) is along the lines " we don't know yet, we need to ponder pro/cons and get back to you ". Except nothing ever happens after the intial answer. That's how bad management of EU allods currently is.