You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 11:40pm

Quinz

Intermediate

• "Quinz" started this thread

Returning player number 2936... yeh, I'm obviously retarded.

Sup folks.

I recently made a thread where I asked some basic questions mainly for all the Allods veterans who are still playing this game after all these years.
I felt it could be some useful info both for myself and others who are newcomers or returning players. It may give a fairly decent view on what is required in order to enjoy the game (especially competitively) and if this game at all is something you currently wanna throw yourself into.

(Thread URL: http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pag…=10089&pageNo=1)

However, this post is mainly for myself. I'm an old Allods player who have been taking short to long breaks several times during the game's progression. (I don't really need to tell you why I had several breaks from the game, do I? It's quite self explanatory these days)

I'm currently thinking about returning to the game, after quite a long break this time. (You never heard this one before, eh?)
My main concern right now is whether to start playing on the subscription server or the f2p server. (Yeh, I know... hate me all you want)

I'm not going to ramble on about which server to choose, which one is the best, etc. I'm simply going to ask some questions which are important to me specifically, in order for me to make the right choice, for myself, and no one else. I simply want to have some information, easily accessed, right in front of me, all at one place. (In short words, it means I don't give a horse crap if these questions have been answered before somewhere else. Simply answer the questions if you feel like it, if not then move along, DILLWEED :D )

Alright, vamos a empezar (it's Spanish, comprendes?)

1. Approx. how many active players (do you think) there are on the subscription based server at the moment?

2. Are there many active guilds, or are there like 4 guilds with constant drama between them? :thumbdown:

3. Are there long waiting times for skirmishes? Which skirmishes usually have the longest waiting times?

4. Is there any content in the game that can't be played (or can rarely be played) due to the low population?

5. Will I be running around forever alone during my leveling phase? ;(

6. Which faction is the most populated one?

7. Since you have to buy everything for gold, is there a higher gold drop/quest rate on the server? Or do I simply have to be a hardcore gamer with >8 hours free time every day to farm gold in order to get all the convenient stuff like ship upgrades, talent/ruby respecs, etc.?

8. Question for someone who knows the current currency rate on the fp2 server: How much gold would it cost to convert for enough crystals to buy a 30 day subscription? (1000 crystals)

Ok that's it, no more questions I promise. I'm kinda hyped for the subscription server tbh but all the posts about the extremely low population is a major turn down. The description of the sub. server sounds like Allods in its early years + the possibility to get all the mounts, bags etc. from drops, which is all awesome and in my opinion the way an MMORPG should be.

Some interesting info I found btw by looking at the calculations made by IAmGroot on this page: [http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pag…D=2808&pageNo=1]. Buying only the necessary CS items ingame (for competitive gaming at least), you need to spend ~13741 crystals. That's about 1 year and 223.9 days (~7,46 months) worth of subscription time for the sub. server.
And this is only the green/blue stuff. If you want the top-tier stuff, which may be needed for competitive PvP, you need to spend about 236744 crystals. That's more than 27 years worth of subscription time.

I know that the post is 2 years old, but that probably just means that even more money is required to spend today.

So, needless to say, if you want to be able to play competitively or at least have a balanced and fun PvP (and PvE), then it will be A LOT cheaper to play on the subscription server. Even though I, like most other old Allods veterans, have a character which I spent a lot of money on, I'm nowhere close to having all the top-tier stuff. I don't even have patronage 5 yet. So even if I change server now, I will probably save more money than if I continue playing on the fp2 server.

------
TL;DR: Read the whole post or gtfo :D

“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Quinz" (Feb 21st 2016, 11:48pm)

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 3:40am

need A name

Intermediate

Okay, I just quitted playing this game for weeks now, but I'll take the time to answer your questions as good as I can.
1. Approx. how many active players (do you think) there are on the subscription based server at the moment?
I'm not very sure about this. By the time I give up on playing there was only one really active guild - Utopie - on the Imp-Side. They were around ~20 active Members, I guess. Our own guild just vanished, an we ended up being only 4 active guys in our guild.
Absolutly no clue what happened to league by this time, but in the german forum a guild called 'Insidious' announced themselves being a very active and progressive guild. Anyway, they're a one-language-only-guild and just takes germans as new members, so they wouldn't be an option for you to join. Also, they say that they'd be around 30 Members, and 15 Members online at one time would be the normal situation for them.

So, with a little bit maths I'd calulate, that:
20 (+/- 5) from Utopie + 30 from Insidious would give us a total of around 50 active players on this server.
2. Are there many active guilds, or are there like 4 guilds with constant drama between them?
As I explained, there're these two guilds. And I guess my own old guild exists still either, even if there're just one or two players at the moment.
I don't really know about other active guilds, though.
3. Are there long waiting times for skirmishes? Which skirmishes usually have the longest waiting times?
Insidious' thread speaking about that either. They mean, that they coul pop up skirmishes very often in the last weeks. Also, dominion seemed to have some fights with full teams, without this one-men-group-tactics, y'know.
4. Is there any content in the game that can't be played (or can rarely be played) due to the low population?
No, theoretically.
But yes, if you have this annoying issue about low population in mind. The point is: You COULD achieve all the content in the endgame, but you need enough people for it. For example, the 60 level raid instance Eclipse was cleared only one or two times in the whole history of the p2p-server. In Immortal kings we also raided it - with around 12 people - and killed the first two bosses, until we just needed MORE people for the next one. It's all about tactics, and some menpower, also.

But I got also some good news for you: the actual endcontent instances were adjusted for only a 12-men-raid, so it'd be much easier to fill a raid up.
5. Will I be running around forever alone during my leveling phase?
Yes, and even later on. There might be some active players, and even guilds, around. but that doesn't mean that you would see many of them everytimes. You can be surprised, if you see around 10 players in your faction city. You just need a sh*tload more players to avoid the feeling of being lonely.
6. Which faction is the most populated one?
As we figured out before with my ultimatively maths-skills, I'd guess both sides are quite balanced at the moment.
The question would be better: Which side is the stronger and better organized one?
7. Since you have to buy everything for gold, is there a higher gold drop/quest rate on the server? Or do I simply have to be a hardcore gamer with >8 hours free time every day to farm gold in order to get all the convenient stuff like ship upgrades, talent/ruby respecs, etc.?
That's the good side of the p2p-server: You can get all gerneral and important stuff in quite a short time.
While questing, you'll get your lootpet for free, and with endlevel, you can get the purple dragonskin-bag very easily. Also, it isn't impossible nor very expensive to get some good mounts.
As I restarted playing Allods on p2p, I had my title of greatness within a week, and my own allod after a month.
The costs of upgrading are a much higher than in the past, so here you'll leave the most of your money. But there're enough ways of getting gold quite good, so no worries.
8. Question for someone who knows the current currency rate on the fp2 server: How much gold would it cost to convert for enough crystals to buy a 30 day subscription? (1000 crystals)
As I didn't enter f2p-server for a long time now, I can't really answer this.
But I read somewhere, that it would take over a month to get enough money for the subscription by doing the daily PvP-quest.

So I guess, that's it.
Hope I could help you in any way.

Greetz
"Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidtiy...I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 9:04am

The P2P has 4 active guilds.
Avarice (league - english - around 15-20 active people, not sure)
Escaflowne (league - english?/turkish - around 7-10 active people)
Insidious (league - german - around 20 active people)
Utopie (empire - english - 20+ active people)

In general raiding is much harder due to less players and less extra points (we got some adjustement for our server, but you cant compare it with a full cs f2p raid).

Gold is only needed for upgrading, mirra, ships and respecs(8k). So you can farm ist quite easy.

I hope the situation will change a bit with 7.0. Many players are waiting for the patch and maybe we get some new players with Steam + a free month (if my.com doesnt hate the p2p).

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 2:25pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Some interesting info I found btw by looking at the calculations made by IAmGroot on this page: [http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pag…D=2808&pageNo=1]. Buying only the necessary CS items ingame (for competitive gaming at least), you need to spend ~13741 crystals. That's about1 year and 223.9 days (~7,46 months) worth of subscription time for the sub. server.
And this is only the green/blue stuff. If you want the top-tier stuff, which may be needed for competitive PvP, you need to spend about 236744 crystals. That's more than 27 years worth of subscription time.
Since I know nothing about the P2P server except it's low population and it's no-CS...I will not comment on the rest of it...
However, I had since forgotten about this thread and just may update it if I have some time today.

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 5:28pm

Marco

Intermediate

Hey Players,

For the upcoming patch 7.0 i will probably continue on p2p for the simple reason of a gameplay free of cash shop and true equality :love:
If the ppl who will join P2P in 7.0 stay there for at least 3 months which is only 21 € they will have the full P2P experience from the old days,
means more PvP and more fair competition which lets to addicted fun playing on Sub Server talking from experience here since i played in the early
Sub Server days until now.

The opinion not to Play on Sub simply for low Population is the curse that made P2P to the empty Dessert it is. :thumbdown:

Greetings and happy spring to everyone,

Taleron

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Marco" (Feb 22nd 2016, 5:43pm)