You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 26th 2016, 9:44pm

IAmGroot

Professional

► Win a ranked arena match – 10 points.

Does Sunday 6v6 Dominion count for this one?

Monday, June 27th 2016, 9:38am

Nice event, 3k bc is more than enough to have a r5 set. Can you add more activities that are available for new players, it is the new players who needs those bc's the most. :) :D

Monday, June 27th 2016, 9:06pm

I was able to make all the profession task using only 1 character. Learn >> make epic >> oblivion potion >> repeat... Will this be valid?

If I submitted a wrong screenshot, is it okay to edit my post then insert a correct screenshot?

When will the reward be given? Will the people who submitted early get the reward early?

Monday, June 27th 2016, 10:22pm

Can you edit the screenshots?
Like blurring out people in party/dps etc?

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 12:51am

i would like to get an official answer to that too, i guess its the name of your char and the things needed for the event that need to be visible
there would be no reason to ban the blurring out of things not related to the contest

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 10:40am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

i would like to get an official answer to that too, i guess its the name of your char and the things needed for the event that need to be visible
there would be no reason to ban the blurring out of things not related to the contest

My POV:
The rules clearly state that no editing whatsoever is allowed to the screenies. You should take care of that anything you don't want to show isn't visible - i.e. you can hide chat window completely or use another tab that shows useless info in most screenies, if you have addons on that show info you don't want to show, maybe you should turn the addons off before you start doing the tasks for the event. Or if you have stuff in bag etc you want to hide, consider putting them in bank, if possible.

Why would someone need to hide the people he/she is in party with? I can understand personal chats being hidden (explained above).
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 12:52pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Screenshots:
Unedited screenshot means exactly that, unedited screenshot. If you're concerned over your chat-log or something else, just swap it to some irrelevant tab (system messages etc) rather than edit the picture with effects. As soon as any effect or edit is noticed, that will forfeit your submission(s). This includes 'cropping' (someone in the entry thread resorted to this -- those pictures won't be counted towards the global score nor their own prize).

"I was able to make all the profession task using only 1 character. Learn >> make epic >> oblivion potion >> repeat... Will this be valid?"
Nothing says you can't use one character for all crafting tasks ie. it's perfectly fine. All players have to remember is the 'once per account' rule.

"Does Sunday 6v6 Dominion count for this one?"
No, that is not a ranked arena match. However, it's very likely Dominion will be included in future events.

"when will we receieve our rewards"
As said in the news, global score & contributions will be tallied at the end of the event. Given how we grossly underestimated the participation level for this, it will probably take some time to compile all the results, so please be patient when the event ends -- a lot of work will be involved.

Regards,
Mhul

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 12:58pm

I have seen a few pictures regarding waving to Gorluxor in his tower some had /salute, i had put /bye need a clarification on which one is it and does he have to be alive or dead? i got him targeted and it has proof that i am waving to him but just need confirmation first

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 1:17pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

We'll probably be a bit more forgiving for that, but /wave was asked for -- and it wasn't directly stated but alive was preferred/intended (but not mandatory). Honestly, when it comes to the questions, just take the rules as literally as you can -- thus far the only question that conflicts with the literal approach was about " allow demons to board 'your ship' ", it doesn't have to be yours specifically, just whichever friendly ship you are travelling on.

Still appreciate the questions, though. If anything proves to be too unclear (rule wise), we'll tweak for future events for added clarity.

Regards,
Mhul

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 2:31pm

Quoted from "Gwiniel"

Why would someone need to hide the people he/she is in party with? I can understand personal chats being hidden (explained above).

sometimes its not a secret, its just not their business
to give an example: some guilds do not want their players to help other players with progress, for example to be better off in dominion
however there are guildmembers who dont care for this and still help their friends which are not in the guild
these will get into a pinch, just an example

also, there is no need to show these infos in order to proof the success in the tasks so im surprised this is taken so strictly

i will take time to re-do my screenshots in order to have an unedited picture

@Mhuldoon
to get even more clear there while we are at it... do we have to use the games inbuilt screenshot-option (the one which creates tracking-exif-data in comment section of the jpg, like Place, Zone, 0000.00 0000 00.0000 YYYY.MM.DD:HH.MM.SS.000 SIGNATURE: 00000000) or can we do normal screenshots (png and without any exif data?)

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 3:50pm

TitanOfOrc

Beginner

for the gorluxor wave i did /salute is that good ?
if not ill have to redo it

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 4:55pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I just did /emote waves

That counts?

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 7:56pm

We'll probably be a bit more forgiving for that, but /wave was asked for
There is no "/wave" option anymore available at the emotes menu. It has been like that for a pretty long time. I don't know if they removed it intentionally or it is a bug, but every time i try the "/wave" command it does nothing. My friends have the same issue, cause normally we always used the "/wave" emote to greet each other in the past.

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 9:29pm

i asked about this issue to get an official answer and it was "wave was deleted as there are emoticons looking similar"
http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=9747

is a pity this is gone as many players liked to use that and there is a difference between saying hello and just waving your hand and saying goodbye and waving your hand :S

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 9:33pm

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 9:34pm

I just did /emote waves

That counts?
you do /hi or /farewell and it waves at them

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 9:38pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

when will we recieve the rewards?
After the event ends and more likely quite awhile later from that because ppl have been participating in this event like crazy and there's tons of screenies to go through :thumbsup: So I'm not expecting anything until late July or early August...
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 10:48pm

ok Gwiniel. its just i was gonna use the crystals to move o a new perm guild that i will stay in as a healer but cant find any so

Friday, July 1st 2016, 1:38pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey folks,

a) Any screenshot method is fine provided it's unedited (eg. Printscreen or snapshots with recording software etc.)
I understand some players may not be keen on displaying info but from our point of view, such things are relative to individuals and won't be used to waive rules for the masses (who don't see a problem with leaving it unedited). Chat tabs can be swapped to system tabs or damage tabs, for example, thus personal chat can be hidden in-game without editing. Most of the achievements can be visibly displayed without chats, others just require in-game system messages or, say, crafting log -- it's not hard to do these at an appropriate time or in a certain tab.

The event is about cooperation and working towards a goal for everyone, hence the irony that one of the reasons put forward against lack of editing is that 'players don't want to help their competition'.

b) Given we overlooked lack of /wave, we'll settle on salutes or even /emote wave, or any other variation of wave (such as above mentioned /hi /farewell, assuming they still exist).

c) And yes, this is without a doubt the hugest level of participation in an event thus far and there will be a LOT to go through when the event ends. Rewards will not be handed out before the event has ended, so it'll be down to sorting out the entries and tallying rewards sometime after the 24th of July.

Regards,
Mhul

Saturday, July 2nd 2016, 10:36am

Hi all,

I would like to ask in regards to this:► Loot a ship device from demons in the astral – 10 points.

If let's say, you take a screenshot while out in astral and you show a ship gear in your bag while there's the words, "You've received loot!" in your text box, is that sufficient to fulfil this task requirement?

Or, does it have to be stricter in terms of having the screenshot portraying the type of loot that you've gotten from the demons? Because, sometimes, the items/loots option is switched off and hence, there is no notification on the loots you received.

Rate this thread