You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 18th 2016, 3:11pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

NOTE: Account Safety vs. Harmful Services

Hello everyone,

I'm here to ask that players remain vigilant in the face of a recent resurgence of gold-selling in-game -- starting with basic account safety. Most if not all external sites and services such as these employ keylogging or other tactics with intent of gaining access to players accounts. Players are responsible for the safety and well being of their accounts, so while support is always willing to look into matters of reported account theft, the first line of defense starts with you.

You can reduce a huge portion of risk by simply avoiding any and all suspicious/unofficial links, emails or sites. Always double check what you are clicking and, when in doubt, utilize a script blocker to prevent your browser from automatically engaging in harmful scripts. On top of that, be sure to engage weekly anti-virus and anti-spyware scans for added protection.

Gold selling and other similar services are heavily frowned upon by My.Com and engaging in them poses the risk of leaving us unable to support you if credit cards or other property of yours becomes compromised externally. In addition, in-game currency flow is regularly monitored by staff, thus purchasing gold incurs the risk of your own account being marked for suspicious activity, which can also result in a ban.

Please avoid using such services and don't hesitate to contact support if you either wish to report them, have queries on account safety, or if you suspect that your account may have been compromised by any means.

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Aug 22nd 2016, 4:43pm)

Friday, May 6th 2016, 7:05pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Hello everyone,

Players have recently been sent a batch of in-game mails from people posing as My.Com staff and/or asking you to log into fake Allods websites using your Allods login details.

Please remember that official My.com staff will never, ever, ask for your account details for any reason. If you receive mails such as these, be sure to report them to support staff so that support is immediately notified when such activity is taking place, and to avoid any and all mails (in-game) or emails (external) asking for your details or leading you towards fake-allods websites.

Don't hesitate to create a ticket if you feel your account is in danger, or you wish to report such suspicious activity.

Regards,
Mhul

Rate this thread