You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 9:51am

How much?

Hi there.

I used to play this game right around its release but quit when the game started getting a bit too p2w-heavy. I am now looking for an mmorpg to play and Allods is one that came to mind. I researched the game a bit and I do understand that the game is still heavily p2w. Now first of all I want to get two things out of the way in order to avoid starting any unnecessary discussions:
1. I know there is a P2P server, but at this moment I'm not interested in that, this thread is ONLY directed to F2P server, hence I'm posting in the F2P server forum section. No need trying to promote the P2P server.
2. I don't mind spending some money on a game that I enjoy playing, however I do draw the line somewhere. I'm not willing to spend my life savings on a game.

So now to my question. It's one, simple question. If you don't want to answer it, please refrain from posting in this thread. If you know the answer to the question and want to share it, I highly appreciate it.

My question is:
How much money have you spent on this game in order to be competitive? (excluding vanity items and such items that play no role in terms power)

To clarify the reason behind this question, I simply want to know how much money I would be required to spend if I want to be on a competitive level. I have a competitive mindset in games and I want to be able to perform. I don't like being a punching bag.

Please note that this question is for people who actually payed to be competitive. I'm not looking for advice from someone who played the game for 4+ years and managed to get stuff for free. I simply don't have the time nor do I want to farm stuff for years in order to be competitive. Who even knows how long this game will be around.

Thank you for your time.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "u_27562181" (Aug 30th 2018, 9:56am)

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 1:20pm

"How much money have you spent on this game in order to be competitive?
(excluding vanity items and such items that play no role in terms power)"
I think You have to specify vs who You want to be competitive first, like top PvPers (most expensive), average allods player PvP (average cost, or PvE (lowest cost).
If it is PvE I can tell You it will be enough to spend 30EUR/month (gear, casual CS purchases like cc for runes and some "must have" CS items, just spend Your money wisely).
As for the top PvPers it is not my area of expertise but I know many top pvpers have also access to premium feature called commonly "crabs".

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 3:30pm

"How much money have you spent on this game in order to be competitive?
(excluding vanity items and such items that play no role in terms power)"
I think You have to specify vs who You want to be competitive first, like top PvPers (most expensive), average allods player PvP (average cost, or PvE (lowest cost).
If it is PvE I can tell You it will be enough to spend 30EUR/month (gear, casual CS purchases like cc for runes and some "must have" CS items, just spend Your money wisely).
As for the top PvPers it is not my area of expertise but I know many top pvpers have also access to premium feature called commonly "crabs".
Thanks for your input! When I say competitive I mean being able to actually participate in PvP activities on a competitive level, meaning you're not just an easy 1 hit for the heavy cash shoppers.

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 4:23pm

i will begin this post with a general answer for everyone who is interested in this topic:

if you play long enough and dedicated, you can reach top scores for 0$
as a player with sometimes not so much time to play i reached more or less every relevant item from itemshop including runes level 9 within ~ 4 years
the result was once i geared up "full" i was able to dominate in battlegrounds, especially those with lower gear

someone who really puts effort into it might be a lot faster, especially considering you got level 8 runes and a HUGE amount of other items for free not so long ago...

so you will meet a lot of players here which will tell you tis game is pay to win and everything but realitiy is even if you have FULL cashshop (runes level 13 and EVERYTHING) but no top gear you WILL lose against a top-geared player with medium itemrank... cashshop is often used as an excuse for beeing a lazy loser in this game

so if you want to play free you can make it definitely by investing time and investing smart

(protip: dont waste gold / BC on consumables (potion, booster, etc) - in the end you have less funds but nothing in return, only go for permanent things at the beginning)

now i will adress the specific subject that was asked here:

... since you wrote you do NOT look for the long-term-solution of someone who played the game for 4+ years and managed to get stuff for free but rather want instant results i recommend you look into the pack of rarities, it grants you almost everything relevant for a fair price and even fragments which results in permanent status one day

its 1999BC (20$) and lasts 1 month

also, depending on how much you donate, there are some new boni coming from that, granting some combat-vehicles timed or something, i guess thats a nice addition for those who play with the pack of rarities (?)
its called premium system, someone may explain it or try to find a thread about it, it was explained somewhere... or just open itemshop and mouseover the bar on the right side of the window

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 30th 2018, 4:41pm)

Friday, August 31st 2018, 6:27am

Thank you for your input ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER! I would have to take a closer look at that premium service. So you would say that I get enough things from it to be competitive?

You also mentioned not buying potions etc. at first. How about later for end-game PvP, do these potions and boosters make a big difference?
Is it possible to craft equally good potions?

Thanks.

Rate this thread