You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 28th 2014, 3:44pm

Feeling down. Is it worth continuing with Allods?

So, I've been playing since just before the "Game of Gods" patch came out, back when Mining and Disassembling were separate professions not included in Blacksmithing, Tailoring, and Leatherworking. I've been through slow patches, but picked it up again somewhere in the middle of last year. By no means am I a hardcore gamer - especially when measured in hours-per-day of play - so I'm prepared to contribute a bit of real money in the boutique to make up the difference, but only a small amount.

So I made 55 somewhere near the beginning of 2014, and worked the "beginner" merc captain astral runs to build my gear up to mostly legendary (midday sun / black moon on a summoner) with the second-slot earring limited to blue because I could only afford to pick up a blue-slot token from the AH.

Then 5.0 came out, and there were no more free-merc astral runs, but OK, I churned my way around Umoira to get up to 60. I've finally started to work the 5.X upgrader cycle, and I'm not impressed at all...

4.X: I could go on a free-merc run, sell the junk (e.g. plate armour, swords, bows bound on a summoner) for 300-350 gold, maybe more if I had a big enough bag. The total cost of doing this was 0. If the loot included usable upgraders, each one cost one amalgam and, IIRC, around 80(*) gold to use. Amalgam itself was a reasonable price, enough that I wouldn't want to have to buy more than two or three per run, but not much more than that.

(*) I'm willing to be corrected on this, please.

5.X: No free-merc runs, but 5.0.1 restored the other merc-captain runs. These are annoying, because:
* Does anybody much do them? Not last night (Sunday), around 10pm, no. So I was solo. This was a good thing in the 4.X days because there was no way that other players would (...) up the run. Now it's bad because I have to hire mercs, at 296 gold *EACH*. So the run costs nearly 1500 gold with a full crew.
* I have to fart around solo-sailing a borrowed ship, which isn't fun at all.
* The loot last night was one upgrader at the first boss (I got the one with the path through the poppy fields where there are bees and mites, the saw mill and the toy soldiers). The second boss got the better of me, then I ran out of IRL time (partly because I had to fart around sailing in the Astral), so gave up.

So what else is wrong here? That one upgrader cost me 1700+ gold for amalgam in the AH (I''m lazy, I know), and 478 gold in the upgrader machine, and upgraded my green item from 0 to 33.33%. For reference, blue 4.X upgraders would upgrade blue items by 25%, for a lot less money.

Do I have time to farm that sort of money on a regular basis? No. Not noticeably. Yes, I realise that gold farming is reasonably effective (although I've noticed statements that 5.0.1 reduced its effectiveness), but I don't have all day available to do that.

It seems to me that, if I want to continue playing, gearing up is important. My guild is, if not actually dead, then certainly comatose (no other member has been on in the last 2.5 weeks, and if I quit, the max level in the guild will drop from 60 to 57, and that 57 is the leader), but it seems a bit ungrateful to just wander off. So I can't get help from them for gearing up. My experience of PUGs leaves me with not much good to say about them. But anyway, even if a friendly active PvE guild takes me in and helps me with astral runs and/or Wellebell hijinks, I'm still stuck hunting funds for the upgrader machine, and I don't really have time for that and gathering the upgraders, not if I want to finish the process at a sane rate. (For reference, my runes are stuck at 555/555. No, paying the price of upgrading them is not going to happen any time soon.)

So what to do? In my sort of half-retired mode of Allodsing, I've been having fun running around Tatooine, Hoth, Belsavis, etc. Do I just keep Allods ticking over and concentrate as much as possible on that other game? Or do I bite the bullet, pick up the pace in Sarnaut, find a new guild and gear up that way? Or, indeed, do I just drop Allods altogether, keeping an eye on what's happening here, and pick it up later if ever the situation improves?
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Monday, July 28th 2014, 3:52pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Not sure what to say.
The game is just getting more and more boring every day for me, which is really sad, considering I've been playing this game for almost 4 years now and never felt that feeling before.
This patch is soooooooooo grindy, sooooooooo expensive, and the CS has become overwhelmingly expensive.
It's tough to stay interested now a days.
I hope they can make the game more interesting and exciting because I'm seeing players leaving each day and it's sad. :(

Good luck with your decision. 8)

Monday, July 28th 2014, 4:08pm

If you feel down in Allods, you could consider taking a break, but the issues you're raising are ones many players had to deal with. 5.01 did some... peculiar things. The game is very grindy now, you need a lot of gold... but you can't just grind in the open world like you used to. Rather, you do your daily quests in KoE, get the daily bonus from battlegrounds and go to Cave of Tka-Rik for the rest of the gold.

555/555 runes are fine for astral. I don't think you will get turned down with these runes until you get in full legends.

Consider swapping guilds. Being in a leveling guild as an endgame player isn't really fun. While it is vital to be loyal to the guild you're in, it is also vital that you're in a guild that provides for you.

Most importantly - do battlegrounds. They reward good gold, amalgam and are quite fun, at least in my opinion. Even if I get oneshot by mages sometimes.

The main problem I see with Allods currently is that there are too many activities - battlegrounds, tka-rik, koe, astral, forlorn/foul dale, the population is too split, which makes finding astral parties kind of hard. It used to be that we had only astral, battlegrounds and open world farming, and astral was always the main priority. Now battlegrounds are greatly rewarding and many would rather do them over astral. Others would never go astral, instead they will go to forlorn or foul dale, and farm for 3 hours and turn in their astral keys for loot.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Monday, July 28th 2014, 7:05pm

did you know you can hand in refractors & astralkeys from wild shore for loot ?

this way there is no need for the unloved ship-things and mercs

also this way allows solo-gearing without any need for group or mercs or ship :)

Monday, July 28th 2014, 8:38pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Monday, July 28th 2014, 11:40pm

reeah19

Intermediate

8 keys per week is very very very LOW, have gold, have amal, don't have upgraders, the only thing that drags me into lazyness, also upgraded greens before 5.1 so kinds wasted 80% of keys, so im back to start square.

5s are ok for astral, and empire seems way more active than lig atm, in lig they ban from pt if u have under 7s and under 40k gs LIKE U HAVE TO BE GEARED TO START GEARING!!!! ( ill laught in the faces of those how do that in a bit of time, like on prev patch lol)

Don't stay in a dead guild if you wanna gear/play is just gonna make u feel more frustrated, and going astral with 2-3 more makes mercs affordable.

Also, if you do the 2x skirmishes u'll have enough amalgam and gold for upgrades, and usually win 1/3 so it's not that much time consuming, make a basic ship and run anormalus sector-gives 450 gold and an emanation, with 5 of em u can buy a symbol of gold that gives 1819g, Tka-rik cave also got changed and is very effective for gold farming.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 8:44am

Grimpf

Trainee

Allods is now "running around and getting Gold for the insane costs" and "running around and getting Amalgam"

I loved the "old" astral runs, but now most ppl burn there keys in 1 (ONE) evening, after that there are only some refraktors to farm an some loot (another 2h max) thats it.

Not really exciting

Servus

Grimpf

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 9:42am

But if you are in a guild you hâve to:
- participate to the dominions
- participate to the PVE raids
You can tag BG on guild too and Farm golds/astral on group.
A guild si the key of the game. Without, as on every other games, you are nothing.

/!\ Attention: Utiliser les services des goldsellers peut mener à un ban permanent /!\

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 9:50am

Grimpf

Trainee

Ja, pve raids, keeping me in game. And CF´s too, the only pvp im able to enjoy in Allods.

BG´s are (most time) not really funy and i dont need anything they give me as reward (dont need Gold and i have all Amagam i need)

Servus

Grimpf

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 10:43am

I hâte courte td bg too
But when de tag as full guild it´s a bit fun
You might try it
Or join us ;)

/!\ Attention: Utiliser les services des goldsellers peut mener à un ban permanent /!\

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 1:51pm

I can't say that there is not a lot of things that I don't like or I wish were differents, but maybe it's because I can't play that much or something but I'm really not seeing the same thing :

Astral in one evening, refra in 2h and nothing to do for the week ? That would be my dream! And I'm using replicator all the time. 1 Allods is for about 1h (for me at least, doing s20-21) and after doing maximum 2 allods, I want to kill myself. For what I can see, people playing with me are the same, most of the time we do 1 allods, sometimes 2 but after that nobody wants to continue. Then you still have to get refractors.

And a week, you have also :

- Sunday night taken for Dominions
-Wednesday night for Dominions
- 1 or 2 raids (Tep or Eclipse whatever your guild is doing)
- People do Maze, BGs, Catacombs, Astral PvP, AoD, Bastion... I personally only have time to do BGs. I'm working during the day but still, I have a "normal" playtime, I play around 5 days/Week for 1 to 3 hours, and I can see that this is not enough to stay on the top. Because being available doesn't mean people will be available for you so half of the time is wasted (and I think that's the main issue).

I'm now "average". Thx to all the CS I got in 5 years I'm still "strong" but I'm far from the Top players now (and that sux^^).

So I don't think that the main issue is that you don't have enough things to do on Allods.

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 2:35pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Maybe its more of an issue of having something sensible to do... farming gold and amalgam aren't that. At least not for me. So in the end there isn't all that much to do apart from grinding except raids, dominion and astral. Depends do you prefer pve or pvp or doing both. If you like pvp - then you have aod, skirmishes and stuff. Of course there are incarns... 10 of them, if you have all done... so plenty to play around but in the end that too is only repeating the same old as always before. It doesn't make it much more lovable to grind gold/amals no matter which class you play - it's still grinding... and grinding the same stuff in same places.

Personally I would recommend taking a break for a week or two from Allods or from gaming all together, if you feel down from a game. And more so you should go to another guild, if you wish to play end-game content other than grinding and couple astrals. Specially, if your guild-mates don't log in within the next week or so. You shouldn't be feeling as if you weren't loyal enough since those other members sure ain't loyal, if they don't log in for nearly three weeks without even notifying that they are having a break or holiday or some other reasons why they won't be online.
I play around 5 days/Week for 1 to 3 hours
I believe that's the reason why you can play all week without slightest boredom... then there are those that play 6 to 9 hours seven days a week, even if that isn't healthy, that's the reality.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 4:28pm

Sorry, I should have said at the beginning:

* I generally prefer PvE activities to PvP. I've tried (briefly) a few PvP activities back when I played GW(1). Random Arena (automated randomly-selected PuG 4-on-4 arena battles) was fine, but there were too many highly stressed title-grinders playing it, and they were wildly unpleasant toward people they thought were noobs that might make it hard for them to get title points (hello, that's me, just someone who hasn't done this before! and we were winning, too...). Opportunistic open-world PvP is fun sometimes, although my most memorable instance of that was on Alderaan, and therefore wasn't in Allods. In Allods I have a grand total of 5 kills in OWPvP.

* My current coma-guild is also afflicted with alt-and-reinc disease - there are in essence three players involved: leader (MIA since 8 July, three weeks today), treasurer (MIA for even longer), and one senior officer (me), and twelve others who are mostly alts and reincs of the two MIA players aside from couple of people who haven't played in many months. Both the others were long-standing lvl 55s when I joined, but haven't put more than just a little bit of energy into levelling up since 5.0 came out.

* Yes, I have recruiting rights for the guild, but I cannot in good conscience recruit people into a guild where the leader and treasurer are both mostly MIA, since they are the ones with the rights to award tabard privileges and such-like. Notably, I don't have those rights, and it isn't fair to new members for them to be unable to be granted the rights that the guild's internal rules say they should be granted.

* In between work, guitar practice, climbing, and assorted other oddments, I can manage an hour or so each weekday, maybe up to three hours in 1-1.5 hour blocks on Sat and Sun. This is the primary driver for a dislike of grinding - it isn't so much that I dislike grinding as such as that I want to have time to do something non-grindy as well. And I don't mean working another alt or reinc through the same quest list as before. (That's a strong fault in this game - there are only two sets of interesting quests. A certain current MMO - one that features adventures on planets like Tatooine - has eight different main stories that you can play, so playing alts will give some variety. Also, of course, I'm still levelling up in that game, so the need to fall back on just grinding is less compelling.)

* On large-fraction playing, the worst I ever ran across was a guy on one of the French GW2 servers, eight days after Early Access opened. I'd been on at various times right from T minus three hours (they opened the servers three hours earlier than originally advertised, and I was in there immediately after they opened), but this dude, 200 hours after the game opened, was wandering in one of the racial capitals, already at the level cap (80). Someone asked the inevitable question, and he said he had been on for 100 hours since the game opened. That's 100 hours of gameplay out of 200 hours elapsed time... (The other 100 hours presumably included sleeping, eating, answering calls of nature, and other trivia.)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 4:42pm

Grimpf

Trainee

If i try to get a party for s20/21, ok, than it will take about 1-2h only for getting a party. There are not many random party´s for S6/7 , s13/14 or s20/21

But there are a lot of ppl going only for s5, s12 and s19. Took about 10min to get a party, about 30min for an allod (no need of potent pots or ts, no need for cc´ing) => im finished with key´s in 1 evening.

2-3h farming on foul dale, epic mobs, the same, really easy to get a party for that. I got about 16k of loot and enough refractors for two weeks (last time i do this).

I dont want to wait ages for getting a party, so S20 and legend mobs in foul dale are a no go for me.

I dont like the bg´s in allods, to much ppl with to much emotions in it (and to less rl, i guess ^^ ) and i dont need things i get as reward.

On days without cf and raids, after finishing my keys, im sitting here and dont know what to do, so i just close allods and do something else (another game, watching a movie etc.)

There is no major goal, after gearing up, cf and raids are done (for me)

Servus
Grimpf

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 4:50pm

If you want to go to the late game and run un s20/21 easily you CAn do as every one
Go into biggest guild :/

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 5:41pm

In this game's battlegrounds/instanced pvp, there is no benefit players may be going after that is not benefit for the whole team. There are no titles, nothing like that and all reward is the same for everyone in the team. If you are undergeared, you may get told to get in at least blue gear before going in battlegrounds, but (on imp side) this is something I see very rarely happen. Usually, people just come, attempt to kick ass - sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't, but the spirit is generally good.

Consider switching guilds, it sounds like your guild cannot provide for you and nobody seems to have interest in progressing it.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 5:45pm

Grimpf

Trainee

im in one of the bigest guild, lig side (domi rank 3 this week). S20/21 party´s are aviable, but that is like old s57+ sectors, most partys are fix ones ans i dont want to wait to long for geting one spot.

And i even dont know if i want to go to s20, s19 has to much advantages, no potent pots, easy, fast, no cc´ing, no need to have all buffs (ap, seal, fervor, no dps with option to be second heal for bad buffs etc.)

Servus
Grimpf

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 11:45am

the game is boring, especially on the part of imperial...strong players are afk...Wh, DF, TK just goes new players GS 25 K :D
I have nothing against him, whether they seek, but not with them no win :D league all win..no chance for weak Imp ppl

Why such a huge imbalance??????? discourage us all

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 12:33pm

the game is boring, especially on the part of imperial...strong players are afk...Wh, DF, TK just goes new players GS 25 K :D
I have nothing against him, whether they seek, but not with them no win :D league all win..no chance for weak Imp ppl

Why such a huge imbalance??????? discourage us all

Join Smugglers' Paradise server today! And bring everyone from your friendlist and your guild with you.

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 3:01pm

To be honest,I had far more fun in Allods like 6-8 months ago (before merge) in PVE though WH and DF didn't pop as much but the exchange was far lower (I do know that mobs now drop more gold and you can farm more gold but it doesn't still make up for the high exchange nowadays) and right after merge I had fun with PVP but after some days you get bored of PVP specially if you're F2P player who has lower runes and specially we had to change gear after merge patch and it just gets repetitive.Later on I tried to farm hard but then I realized there is no fun at all farming gold all day,It's like I'm obligated to farm gold and the purpose of playing a game is to have fun so I for one decided to quit Allods and won't be playing as much as before unless the game becomes as fun as it used to be for me but that's just my opinion and how I feel.I used to solo AR in s1 and s3 before merge with many characters to farm gold and it was pretty fun because of the thrill of driving a ship solo but later our ships were all reset to 9th generation and AR no longer gives gold as far as I've noticed so even ship fun farming is over unless I FARM more gold to upgrade ship to at least 10th generation.Simply if you get bored of a game,don't play it.If you don't have fun in farming to get more gold,then playing is just a waste of time because you play to have fun.If something in Allods is fun for you then go on and do it and don't bother with upgrading or so if you don't have fun doing it.All in all,don't make advancing in a game a duty.You can join one of the big guilds where you can do raids etc but some of these guilds feel boring for me as well since they have many rules and I hate when players put many rules in a game as it makes game far less fun for me,makes it look more like a duty lol so if you're like me,you can just join a guild where you can find many friends and have some nice chat or party up together and do something even if you just chill in (the faction's capital) and mess around without much rules binding you but also without much endgame content.Simply have fun and do what you feel is fun!This is how I see it and I hope my opinion helps.
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.