You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 11:37am

Seems like you haven't played many MMOs. The game's a lot of time investment, if you want a game where it's easy to gear up play WoW or some asia grinder.

1. It's the exchange rate and the fucked up economy on f2p. Get some cash and buy gold if you want something form AH or farm a couple of hours per day.

2. Because the game is not meant to be easy.

5. astral academy, at the merc captain

6. Maybe you should get a guild and some social players to do this stuff with you. (or skill)

7. Because you no longer only gear up by doing astral. Wellebell is now an option.

8. Because then every retard could easily run every sector without other players. This MMO is not a single player game.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 12:37pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Allods is just not the same any more most of the players are in Wild Shore,Wellbell, Forlorn, Foul Dale, Al Rihat Ruins grinding, where are all the astral runs ?
I heard getting carried to higher gear/refractors wild shore speed things up, but not when you shout all day long and don't get a single carry.

Why i always see the top player in my guild are always in partys doing astral/Refractors grind, And im stuck here struggling to get astral runs/Carried to Refractors grind. Example Saintleigh, HCltw, Teknoone, Ehle , Nethan, Mikedark, Always in that little group running all day long.

Why Astral is so hard now, And Merc suck so hard now they struggle with Animality potion.
I remember getting Full lv52 Myth gear in last patch lv55 cap by soloing with merc while i was healing.

To be honest Allods is getting boring same shit everyday and its REALLY repetitive after 4 years of playing i had to regear my Main character like 4 times now aint nobody got time for that crap. I'm sick of re gearing every time a new patch Lv cap raises.

I mean come on i have a life and work 5 days a week from 7am to 5pm, ain't nobody got time for Allods online.
And YES I'm Pay To Win.

QUESTIONS:

1. Why everything in AH so expensive now ?
2. Why is it hard to gear up now ?
3. Why upgrading % is 7.1/7.9% now and not 10%,15%,25% anymore
4. Only can upgrade gear of the same colour/quality, NOT green with blue upgrades = high %
5. Heard you can hand in Astral Keys/Refractors for Loot ? How and Where ?
6. Mercenaries sucks now Me+5 Merc + 1 Animality potion = fail astral s7 run cant even get pass first boss that's how hard astral is now.
7. Why is there only 8 astral keys and not 20 ?
8. Does your gear/gs/Runes still effect Mercenaries damage/Survivability?

Have you considered speaking up in guild to ask some of these questions? You... DO realize we can haul you off for some of this stuff, right? At no cost to us other than time? I mean I work from 8 AM to 5 PM EST, so I KNOW how you feel when it comes to time constraints. What's your character name anyway?
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 2:33pm

skullskaldy

Beginner

6. Mercenaries sucks now Me+5 Merc + 1 Animality potion = fail astral s7 run cant even get pass first boss that's how hard astral is now.

Seems like you don't fully understand how astral works with this patch, i think there was a nice walkthrough somewhere on this forum so i'm not gonna explain it all again, if someone can give link that would be really nice

short version is:
s1-3 are easy astrals (can be done with regular mercs)

s4-5 are tougher astral wouldn't recommend mercs here, although i haven't tried
(maybe it would work with animality)

s6 and especially s7 are really really tough only recommended for ppl who have high gear and runes 10+/Pat 5 or just
Don't even try bother trying if you don't have real players

same goes for higher sector of upgraders (just add 7 and you have the difficulties of the next sectors)

btw about gear, old gear gives nice dps but makes you really squishy

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 3:07pm

lol shouldnt you have made this thread in disturbed forums, they have one.

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 4:04pm

Quoted

2. Because the game is not meant to be easy.

This doesn't address the question: why was the difficulty of astral runs dramatically increased between 4.X and 5.X?

CAVEAT LECTOR: I'm not the OP of this thread.

It used to be that I could raise my gear level by repeatedly doing the free-merc flights offered by the mercenary captain. No, by itself it wasn't practical once the gear reached Legendary, and no, by itself it wasn't rapid, but it meant I could spend some time each day diving through those flights with whoever was around, PUG-style.

Grind, in and of itself, isn't a major issue, provided that we pay careful attention to the balance between the amount of grind and the level of difficulty of that grind.

For me, the 4.X setup was a good balance - not monstrously hard (but hard enough that you need to pay attention while doing it - compare with sleepwalking a level 60 through XAES, which isn't even remotely hard, even without mercs) and sufficiently grindy to take some time (and therefore making the end result something I have *earned*) without being so grindy I die of repetition sickness.

From where I stand, the transition from 4.X to 5.X raised the difficulty *and* the grindiness, making the game suddenly become very unattractive.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 4:19pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Allods is just not the same any more most of the players are in Wild Shore,Wellbell, Forlorn, Foul Dale, Al Rihat Ruins grinding, where are all the astral runs ?

Currently, for anyone that is undergeared/does not have unlocks, it is easier to go to Forlorn/Foul Dale/Al Rihat Ruins to gather refractors and loot. Many people are farming these zones for gold and do not need the Legendary Loot so they help each other coexist by one getting the gold and the carry getting the legendary loot. Astral runs take a much more coordinated group and elixirs and stuff to make sure they happen properly because of the death limit. In the farming zones, you can die and it only costs you some myrrh not a failed key.

I heard getting carried to higher gear/refractors wild shore speed things up, but not when you shout all day long and don't get a single carry.

I'm really not sure what to do here for ya. Typically that is what a guild is for. They should be helping you and everyone else get into astral or the farming zones to help you as well as themselves progress. Please be aware though, there are very few people that will put others ahead of themselves to gear you instead of them. People are inherently greedy, it's just our nature. I have observed some people that will always put others ahead of themselves though, so it's not impossible to see.

Why i always see the top player in my guild are always in partys doing astral/Refractors grind, And im stuck here struggling to get astral runs/Carried to Refractors grind. Example Saintleigh, HCltw, Teknoone, Ehle , Nethan, Mikedark, Always in that little group running all day long.

Me being me and a part of the group you seemed to have called out I should be able to answer this properly. As for that group of people you mentioned above, the reason as to why we go together to do astral and ARR is because we trust each other and know each other well enough that we can complete even some of the most difficult tasks in game. We have known each other for so long that we can react to someone's action or mistake and fix it before it gets out of hand. We are also friends and have been for years. Friends typically tend to stick together. However, I would like to tell you one thing. Those people you mentioned above are the people that love to help out other people. I have seen every single one of those run people through lower sectors or higher sectors of astral with helping hand buff because they want to help out others. I have also seen those people carrying people constantly to the farming zones. I, myself, along with 2 of the others you mentioned actually installed the Auto Accept addon that allows you to invite us to a party without actually being there to accept the invite. This allows you to "use" us to get to ARR to farm your own loot. If that's not enough for you...I'm really not sure what we can do. I actually do this even though I do not like doing this. I have not turned of my computer for a reasonable amount of time in the last 3 weeks because I constantly have my character there FOR GUILDIES to gear up.

Why Astral is so hard now, And Merc suck so hard now they struggle with Animality potion.
I remember getting Full lv52 Myth gear in last patch lv55 cap by soloing with merc while i was healing.

In regards to getting full level 52 myth gear at 55 patch...that was a joke. 2 people could solo s29-s35 lol. That was because we were higher levels than them and they hit us for a lot less because of the level difference. Now we are on the same level as the mobs and therefore we don't have that extra damage and they do regular damage to us. If you can find a buddy (tank or healer) and use 2 animality potions (each person uses 1) you should be able to complete any of the "medium level" astrals (s3/s4 + s11/s12 + s18/s19 + s25/s26)

To be honest Allods is getting boring same shit everyday and its REALLY repetitive after 4 years of playing i had to regear my Main character like 4 times now aint nobody got time for that crap. I'm sick of re gearing every time a new patch Lv cap raises.

This is how a lot of people feel. You are not alone on this.

I mean come on i have a life and work 5 days a week from 7am to 5pm, ain't nobody got time for Allods online.
And YES I'm Pay To Win.

QUESTIONS:

1. Why everything in AH so expensive now ?

Things are actually a lot cheaper on the AH in comparison to how they were on the NA server.
Legend earring slot on this current server is going for around 20k boutique coins.
On NA server, it used to go for about 36-40k boutique coins.
It seems the EU players have much lower prices than the NA players, so things are actually cheaper.

2. Why is it hard to gear up now ?

It's actually beyond easy to gear up.
Especially considering you said you are "pay to win." You should be able to buy yourself full epics no problem and then from there you are not a burden to your groups in epic+ level astral.

3. Why upgrading % is 7.1/7.9% now and not 10%,15%,25% anymore

Because without upgrading costs being so high/such low percentages, there wouldn't be enough of a gold sink in the game and that would make crystal prices ridiculous...somewhere around 200-300:1 would be my guess and then there would be no F2P players.

4. Only can upgrade gear of the same colour/quality, NOT green with blue upgrades = high %

I'm really not sure where you're getting this information.
A green + green = 33%
A green + blue = 68%
A blue + blue = 5.75%
A blue + epic = 11.5%
Etc...
Go give it another try, I think you'll see it this way.

5. Heard you can hand in Astral Keys/Refractors for Loot ? How and Where ?

You need to gather loot and refractors from the farming zones.
Wellbell/Forlorn/Foul Dale/Al Rihat Ruins.
After you have gathered some loot and refractors, it is up to you on how much progress you're interested in getting.
Blue refractors give the lowest amount of loot.
Epic refractors give a medium amount of loot.
Legend refractors give the highest amount of loot.
Blue = 20/30/50%
Epic = 50/75/100%
Legend = 150/175/200%

You need 4 refractors of the same percentage level + loot + 1 key in order to "turn this in."
You can do this at the mercenary person in Astral Academy.
Just a few examples of what you can get off the top of my head:
(4) Blue 50% refractors + 1800 loot + 1 key = 1800 useable loot (almost 3 boxes per key)
(4) Epic 100% refractors + 2400 loot + 1 key = 2400 useable loot (almost 4 boxes per key)
(4) Legend 200% refractors + 3600 loot + 1 key = 3600 useable loot (almost 6 boxes per key)

As stated above in one of my previous responses:
"
If you can find a buddy (tank or healer) and use 2
animality potions (each person uses 1) you should be able to complete
any of the "medium level" astrals (s3/s4 + s11/s12 + s18/s19 + s25/s26)"
You are trying the higher levels of astral (s6/s7 + s13/s14 + s20/s21 + s27/s28). This level of astral is meant for a group of serious players of 6. To be completing the "hardest" content in the game, you need a full party of 6 and elixirs, p5, alch pots, food, all that other stuff. Do not think you can do this with 1 animalitied merc + 4 unbuffed ones. It's just unrealistic.

7. Why is there only 8 astral keys and not 20 ?

The game has introduced so much more to do other than just astral. 8 keys instead of 20 is to allow people to experience the other parts of the game as well as get their astral/gear done. If we had 20 keys we would never get to experience other parts of the game unless we did not have jobs and school and wives...

8. Does your gear/gs/Runes still effect Mercenaries damage/Survivability?

Yes, it most certainly does.
I hope this helps!!! 8)

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 4:20pm

ah price got up because of goldbug and because of the gold that is thrown at players now

gearing up is easier than ever before

turn in astralkeys for loot at mercenary-captain in astral academy

runes and gear still affect mercs as far as i have noted

there is no longer need for mercs because you can skip all the ship and astral-bs with simply killing mobs in wild shore (alone! you dont need any player for that!)
this saves a lot of gold btw

And YES I'm Pay To Win.

i recommend buying the mirrorcopy from shop then, you can get instant purple with it

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 6:09pm

lmao who is this person, the p2w part threw me in for a loop

Wednesday, September 10th 2014, 7:05am

Amazing.... just because we are in the same zone, at the same time doesn't mean we are in the same grp.... Guild forums is where you should post if you want to discuss getting carried or lack there of by guild-mates. There are plenty of people who would be happy to help you.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jensaccount" (Sep 10th 2014, 7:18am)

Wednesday, September 10th 2014, 8:12am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

*Walks in*
*Says HI to long lost friends of Disturbed*
*Agrees with Ehle that this should be discussed in guild forum*
*Walks out*

Wednesday, September 10th 2014, 1:26pm

Hello,

Have you considered speaking up in guild to ask some of these questions?

lol shouldnt you have made this thread in disturbed forums, they have one.

Guild forums is where you should post if you want to discuss getting carried or lack there of by guild-mates

Agrees with Ehle that this should be discussed in guild forum

As the OP deleted his message, i think i can close this topic :).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online