You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 21st 2014, 5:18pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

• "Intoshadows" started this thread

5.2 Engineer Talent Translation help

In the new Engineer rework does anybody have any idea what the talent "Vacuum Storage" is supposed to do? It apparently has something to do with the interactions between Hand Beam Cannon and Dither Bomb but I cant make sense of it, try as I have. All I know is that Dither Bomb is super potent at 3 stacks and was interested in attempting to work out some new Pve build but this talent description really has me stumped.

For the record the rubie description reads: "To activate Manual Beam Cannon with probability % ahead of completing the restoration of the ability to Resonance Bomb"

Huh? ^^^ Is it saying that Mk-1 will lower the cooldown of Dither bomb? Vice versa?...

http://www.allodswiki.ru/calcnew/#!10!21…!eztbed/CWUIEAH

The milestone in question is located in the middle tree on the bottom right(Connecting with the Dither Bomb damage increase milestones).

Any help translating this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!~

Sunday, September 21st 2014, 6:51pm

In the new Engineer rework does anybody have any idea what the talent "Vacuum Storage" is supposed to do? It apparently has something to do with the interactions between Hand Beam Cannon and Dither Bomb but I cant make sense of it, try as I have. All I know is that Dither Bomb is super potent at 3 stacks and was interested in attempting to work out some new Pve build but this talent description really has me stumped.

For the record the rubie description reads: "To activate Manual Beam Cannon with probability % ahead of completing the restoration of the ability to Resonance Bomb"

Huh? ^^^ Is it saying that Mk-1 will lower the cooldown of Dither bomb? Vice versa?...

http://www.allodswiki.ru/calcnew/#!10!21…!eztbed/CWUIEAH

The milestone in question is located in the middle tree on the bottom right(Connecting with the Dither Bomb damage increase milestones).

Any help translating this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!~

''Vacuum Storage'' - When Hand Beam Cannon Mk. 1 is activated, there is a 33% / 66% / 100% chance that the cooldown of Dither Bomb is refreshed.

The values are shown in-game. For some reason, they are not shown in talent calculator.

Sunday, September 21st 2014, 11:40pm

rozetri

Intermediate

If you have any Engie questions, Uber, just ask me in guild. I have most everything figured out for 5.2.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 12:53am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Thanks peeps.

And thanks Roz, I sure will. I'm super excited that I chose Engineer now that I know what alls comi in 5.2. I was a little worried that I had picked the most gimped class of all time lulz...

Anyways, Hand abeam reducing Dithers CD is obscene. I will certainly make sure to include these in my pave build.

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 1:09am

you're using a 6.0 talent calculator in the build you posted. and all the builds i seen posted in 5.2, they choose either frag bomb or dither bomb, not both anymore.

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 1:23am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Oh thanks for pointing that out Bunz! That's odd though since I got the link for that talent calculater from the beneath the RU discussion of 5.2.

Is Dither and Frag gonna be tied to the same cool down in 5.2 or is it more an issue of rubie constraints as to why not take both bombs?

P.s. when I get on my computer I'll link where I got the link for the talent calculator I used.

Also,please don't take the build I posted as what I would personally use. It is MOSTLY how I want it but a few of the stray rubies here and there I picked just because I was reading what they did or whatever. However it is pretty close to what I might use in Pve.

Edit: Here is the link I got the calculator from: http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=3986

It SAYS 5.2 but if that s not it then please post a link to the proper one for me.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Intoshadows" (Sep 22nd 2014, 1:55am)

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 1:30am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Dle post FTW!

Assuming everything I think I know is correct this is probably the standard build I would use for raiding and astral:

http://www.allodswiki.ru/calcnew/#!10!31…VVSFM!eztbed/AD

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 2:29am

http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!10!111..…!emfwqf/!shipe/

here is the 5.2 ruby tree, as i understand it, its not possible to max out the dps in frag bomb and dither bomb at the same time, in 5.2 you either pick one or the other

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 3:05am

i have a lvl 60 engineer on the russian test server, i was able to test a few things. dither bomb is still a skill shot unlike frag bomb. so you can actually still miss dither bomb.

dither bomb and hand beam cannon both have a 45 second cool down now. vacuum rubies removes the cool down of dither bomb. heat tranfer rubies lowers the cool down of hand beam cannon by 4 seconds, each time a device procs damage

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 12:26pm

rozetri

Intermediate

The reason you can't do frag and dither at the same time is, in 5.2 at least, they share cooldown. Dunno about 6.0.

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 2:44pm

Gramarye

Professional

Yes they share cooldown but can u reset their cooldowns speratly? Would mean that u could combine both spells for max-dps.

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 5:24pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Yes they share cooldown but can u reset their cooldowns speratly? Would mean that u could combine both spells for max-dps.

I'm... not sure I understand the question. When you use Dither, both Dither and Frag go on a 45s cooldown. When you use Frag, both Frag and Dither go on a 20s cooldown. You cannot desynch their cooldowns, they are ALWAYS tied together perfectly. And if you're using Dither, why bother wasting a cooldown by tossing a Frag when Dither does better damage?

[Edit]: Actually this brings up an interesting point. I'm a bit curious if you can use the Frag cd reduction rubies to exploit the linked cooldown. Probably not, there's probably SOMETHING in the way that I don't know about. But given I can't test on the RU servers I have no idea.

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 7:01pm

Gramarye

Professional

i gie u an example of the rotation im thinking about:

fire/lightning shot -> -185 reactor -> ditherbomb -> acid/astral-shot -> 0 reactor -> hand beam cannon -> dither bomb -> lightning/Astral-shot -> frag Bomb -> [reapeat until Dither bomb rdy again] -> restart

Sry my english is very bad, i hope u got my Idea now :S

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 7:26pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

The reason you can't do frag and dither at the same time is, in 5.2 at least, they share cooldown. Dunno about 6.0.
Ahh, ok thanks for explaining this!

Still though, would it not be worthy of using both bombs but in different situations?

For example, Dither on bosses, etc and Frag on trash and other players.

Or am I missing something else fundamental here?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Intoshadows" (Sep 22nd 2014, 7:33pm)

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 10:36pm

rozetri

Intermediate

i gie u an example of the rotation im thinking about:

fire/lightning shot -> -185 reactor -> ditherbomb -> acid/astral-shot -> 0 reactor -> hand beam cannon -> dither bomb -> lightning/Astral-shot -> frag Bomb -> [reapeat until Dither bomb rdy again] -> restart

Sry my english is very bad, i hope u got my Idea now :S

Yes, now I understand. That actually goes back to what I mentioned in my edit... I'm not SURE if you can actually use the frag rubies to desynch frag from Dither so that you can use frag while dither is on cooldown. My initial reaction is there must be something preventing this from working, but for all I know it could be functional. Even if it does work, I'm not sure if you could ever get enough rubies to MAKE it work and still do the same DPS as a focused build could. Would make a fun experiment, though.

As to your question, Uber... pretty much the same thing I just said. I'm not sure if you could grab all the rubies necessary and still do good DPS compared to a more focused build. I'll have to test out all of this stuff when 5.2 gets here.

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 4:12pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Pop some caps!!!

Come on 5.2!!!!!!??

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 6:54pm

Nemesis

Trainee

There is no need for caps, when we will have exact date of patch we will announce it on website.

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 12:29am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Rate this thread