You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 5:03pm

haxorof

Beginner

• "haxorof" started this thread

Alt+Tab from fullscreen to desktop does not work correctly

Hi,

I have noticed problem on my laptop where it is not possible to use Alt+Tab or Windows key to get to the desktop. It basically instantly returns back to Allods when set to be running on fullscreen.

This is the setup:
- Windows 8.1
- Two users: 1 administrator and 1 ordinary user
- Two disks: OS disk and one data disk

I started to installed Allods with My.com client logged in as administrator. The location of installation is on the data disk. When that is done everything works as expected when I run it as my admin user.

Then I login with my ordinary user and "install" it again but specify exactly the same location so it will have duplicate installations of Allods. As ordinary user it seems that it runs correctly as far as I know with this setup except when it comes to the situation where you want to get out of the game temporarily using Alt+Tab or Windows key. Then you will get the behavior I described in the beginning.

If I however start my.com client and Allods with admin rights, then everything works as expected, i.e. Alt+Tab works fine. For me it seems to be some kind of access rights issue here that affects the behavior of Alt+Tab when running in fullscreen mode.

Can I somehow this up in an easy way to work where you want admin to install the game and let other user on the computer to run the game without problems like this Alt+Tab problem?

Best Regards,

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 9:15pm

Once the game is installed on the disk, you should be able to play it with any account if you start it using the "old" launcher (located in the Bin folder of the game instalation directory), whitout having to reinstall the game with the ordinary user account.

You can also try to right click the AOGame.exe file (also located in the Bin folder), go to Properties, and under the Compatibilty tab select the "Run this program as an administrator" option.
I don't use an ordinary user account often, but I guess that once the My.Com client was installed with the administrator user account, you can run it with the ordinary user. If so, if you select that option on the AOGame.exe properties, you should be able to Alt-Tab the game even when using the My.Com launcher. But it's just a guess of mine.

Please try this and let me know what you find out.

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 7:51pm

haxorof

Beginner

• "haxorof" started this thread

Once the game is installed on the disk, you should be able to play it with any account if you start it using the "old" launcher (located in the Bin folder of the game instalation directory), whitout having to reinstall the game with the ordinary user account.

You can also try to right click the AOGame.exe file (also located in the Bin folder), go to Properties, and under the Compatibilty tab select the "Run this program as an administrator" option.
I don't use an ordinary user account often, but I guess that once the My.Com client was installed with the administrator user account, you can run it with the ordinary user. If so, if you select that option on the AOGame.exe properties, you should be able to Alt-Tab the game even when using the My.Com launcher. But it's just a guess of mine.

Please try this and let me know what you find out.
Hi,
I actually already know that it works if I run it as administrator. What I do want to find a solution for is to run Allods without any type of problem as ordinary user. Giving the user full read+write access to the files does not help either so I am a bit lost what can cause this Atl+Tab problem. Only thing left that I can think of is that something in the client code causes this behavior when Allods is set to run on fullscreen.