You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 9:52pm

Quinz

Intermediate

• "Quinz" started this thread

Special Insignias

Hello.

Does anyone know how to get Special Insignias? In the announcement for the new glyph system in 6.0, it says that Special Insignias can be bought from the profession trainer. My profession trainer (Alchemy) doesn't sell insignias. Do my profession have to be level 65 before I can buy Special Insignias?
I haven't received any Special Insignias from Dragon Bay either, only got Offensive and Defensive Insignias from there.

(Special Insignias are the insignias used for changing the stats of a special glyph)
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 10:00pm

you can use the normal insignias of dragon bay to change 1 stat on the special glyphs

if you mean the old fable glyphs then your profession trainer should sell em but just tailor,leatherworker.smith and weaponsmith cuz they are the ones who can craft glyphs

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 9:22am

Alchemy is a special kind of proffesion, different from the rest. The othe trainers (blacksmithing, weaponsmithing, tailoring and leatherworking) will sell you the insignias that you need.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 9:58am

Quinz

Intermediate

So I will not be able to craft glyphs as alchemist? That's not fair in my opinion. If you had chosen to be an alchemist from the start, then this is now a disadvantage compared to if you had chosen to be anything else. Being able to craft glyphs now is a pretty big thing.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 10:04am

Hey, you can still level up a second profession

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 10:09am

Quinz

Intermediate

Hey, you can still level up a second profession

Sure, but it requires a lot of time and gold. I've recently been buying loads of herbs from AH just to be able to get my alchemy up as quickly as possible. Sure alchemy will be a good profession to max out as well, but my intention was to be able to craft glyphs.
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 10:31am

Quinz

Intermediate

I think the Allods Team, or whoever adds adds English descriptions to things in the game and writes the announcements on the site, are very bad at describing things with enough details. Just take the ability and ruby descriptions in the game, they've always been really bad and sometimes doesn't include everything that you need to know. This issue can often be encountered with quests as well.

This is what I found in the announcement for glyph crafting:

"Crafters will gain the ability to produce glyphs, with each individual profession being able to produce specific glyphs of a certain type - though thanks to the opportunity of being able to create glyphs containing two bonus stats together, it's now possible to receive all the necessary stats in a set."

"Each craftsman who reaches level 65 in their profession will automatically receive recipes for a number of glyphs from the total assortment and will be able to produce ready-to-use glyphs of various qualities from that point onward."

I'm pretty sure alchemists are considered "craftsmen" as well. This info is really not enough to be able to "figure out" that alchemists won't be able to craft glyphs.

I also read the "6.0 Professions" announcement and it was mentioned there that alchemists will be able to create certain potions used for glyph crafting, but didn't say anything about alchemists not being able to craft glyphs.

The descriptions and details about things in this game and on the site really need to be improved. Please hire someone with proper English knowledge that can describe and express things in a good way.
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 10:58am

Hey,
I agree they had to be more clear in the announcements. At the moment i can't offer you another solution for your problem than leveling a second profession or farm or buy glyphs from negotations npc

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 1:16pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

You will never be able to make anything but potions/amal with alch. Never were able to make glyphs with alch the last time we could craft em. They pretty much made it a requirement to have another profession which can suck for those that didnt level a gear crafting profession to begin with. I actually sit here and giggle at those that kept telling me I was wrong for telling people to take a gear crafting profession before alch.

As far as the special insignia's they do drop but seem to be a rare drop.

The announcements of the changes are very vague and really suck. Highly doubt they will ever change that.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 1:20pm

did you mean for level 60 glyphs or level 65?

for OLD glyphs level 60 i think everyone, even those without having learned this handwork, can buy special insignias from blacksmith weaponsmith leather and tailor -npc... they cost like 1 gold or something
this way you can change the attributes of your level 60 glyphs as you like

regarding 2nd & 3rd profession, i have 3 now and if i could redo things i would NOT level a SINGLE profession, they are not worth in my opinion...

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 2:11pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

for OLD glyphs level 60 i think everyone, even those without having learned this handwork, can buy special insignias from blacksmith weaponsmith leather and tailor -npc... they cost like 1 gold or something

regarding 2nd & 3rd profession, i have 3 now and if i could redo things i would NOT level a SINGLE profession, they are not worth in my opinion...
What are you gonna do grind Dragon Bay even longer then you would for gear for your glyphs?

They would be worth it if you took the time to learn and make blue glyphs and prepare for epic glyphs.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 2:28pm

What are you gonna do grind Dragon Bay even longer then you would for gear for your glyphs?

They would be worth it if you took the time to learn and make blue glyphs and prepare for epic glyphs.

i rather just wait for blue (or purple?) glyphs beeing available at negotiant and stay with the good level 60 glyphs from former patch meanwhile

Monday, March 30th 2015, 10:00am

Quinz

Intermediate

Thanks for the replies!

I actually just noticed that it's possible to change both stats of a special glyph using a normal insignia. An offensive insignia changes the first stat and a defensive one changes the second stat. I'm not sure why this didn't work for me the first time.

Regarding professions, I actually don't regret leveling up Alchemist. It's a good way to earn gold by selling potions of Inspiration used by other crafters, selling amalgam concentrate or stat potions. You won't have to worry about being low on amalgams and you won't have to worry about buying stat pots for PvP. You can also easily craft potions that gives reputation with the Crafters Guild, so I should be able to get a second profession quite soon.

The only downside is that it will most likely take quite a long time for me to level up a new profession from scratch, and cost me a lot of gold which I don't have much of right now (still paying for handing in emblems for greatness and upgrading gear costs as well). By the time I have maxed it I will probably already have a full set of epic glyphs.

It seems also that you can't trade crafted glyphs? I'm not sure about this but at least uncut glyphs and etherium are bound. Even if crafted glyphs are not bound, you still can't provide the needed components to a friend or guildie who can craft the glyphs for you, because all components are bound. So you can only pay for the glyphs in gold, which in my opinion is a bad thing. If you actually could rather farm the needed components and give them to someone who can craft the glyphs, it would be nice for those who doesn't have a lot of gold.
-Dale Carnegie

-Bernard M. Baruch

Rate this thread