You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 5:32am

Forced to rename

I transferred my account over a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to log in until today. Why am I being forced to rename my character? I don't feel I should have to change any of my character's names... I created them when they were considered original names.

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 6:38am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

It would be cool if they had a drop down list of available name's or atleast an indicator that direct's you when typing if something is not allowed in the name you are creating. I was under the impression perhaps we could use cap's this patch, and used a scroll to try only to find out that the name I choose was not allowed..At all, even without any cap letter's. I mean the exact same name I transfer with was not allowed, and had to rename something different which is dumb because if someone can name their character, "Rape" why can't mine have 4 consonant's together? Wasted Bouti's

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 6:46am

Yeah, I noticed sometimes it allows 4 digit names and sometimes it does not. I have a character named Okno and that was no problem... but another name I picked didn't work.

In any case, I'm just pissed off that I had this character name (a different one than listed above) long before this transfer and now I'm being told that I'm not allowed to have it. The name was part of what gave me incentive to maintain the character, I really liked having it. =\

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 8:10am

Dhamp

Professional

Not every character flagged for a rename actually needs one (particularly reincarnations of the same character!) and using the old name will work .

If someone in the other playerbase(EU or NA) has the same name and has already transferred, you'll need a new name.

The game simply cannot handle two characters with the same name, and it's first come, first served.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 8:20am

Hah! I wonder why they didn't mention *that* in the transfer notes... this is messed up, I had no idea I would have to gamble to lose my name.

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 8:27am

Everything I've tried is taken, I'm seriously irritated.

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 11:22am

If you're not from an English speaking country, you can always name your characters after local food, or call them Socks in your language. Those are always free.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 11:41am

Actually there has been a FAQ involving this on the news portal since the 17th.

http://en.allods.com/news/general/shard-merge-faq#

Quoted

For Avatar Names:
No name change will be required if your character’s name is unique across the servers.

If there are two characters with the same name across the servers, the matter will be resolved in the following manner:

If a character has not logged in within the past 90 days, that character will be prompted for a name change.
If neither of the characters with concurrent names has logged in within the past 90 days, both of them will be prompted for a name change.
If both characters have logged in within the past 90 days, the character with the lower gear score will be prompted for a name change.
If both characters have logged in within the past 90 days and have an identical gear score, then the character created most recently will be prompted for a name change.

That being said, I will bring up the issues regarding the ease of use regarding the character rename once the issues regarding the account transfers have been solved.

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Rate this thread