You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 6th 2015, 3:40am

Class Name Revamp (Important, Long But You Won't Be Disasppointed)

INTRODUCTION IS RATHER LONG JUST SKIP TO THE CLASSES. I JUST REALIZED THAT I WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT NECROMANCERS A LOT.

I couldnt think a better place to put here so here it goes.

This is Demonika, the Warlock in the League side which is nearly 40 currently, was an Elven Demonologist but deleted it because of Lurker. Also I am a big fan of fiction and espicially magic fiction. That is why I am getting a little ''obsessive'' about the class names because I find them lacking and doesn't feel good.

I know that no one cares that, but did you think this? ''I am a Kanian Magician and it feels crap while that level 5 elf here has the class name of Archmage.'' Most of them do not, but some people like me give a good love to the roleplaying potential and feeling powerful and important with the class titles. Everyone clearly will not agree with me. But I can I think give a complete revamp of the class names which most of you will love.

First, let us replace Summoner with Necromancer. Our summons do nothing in damage which is the opposite of summoner really, as a class meant to do damage with its summons it does not make use of the name much but a Necromancer uses the pets for utility. I mean except the Fiend, fiend can be easily OP of course if used well. Also we are changing Healer to Priest because Healers can do the damage role well and PvP was (maybe still is) pretty much dominated by Melee Healers.

OH! And add Elf and Arisen Technicians. ''de Ardeur'' house is known for its Architecture and the crafting of the castle Galeon, which is sadly the vampire domain. Also Arisen had mechanical parts and even their ''artifacts'' are full of machines.

By the way, in Necromancy we humans are better than elves because we have shorter lifespan and a stomach for undead beings. Elves can only really deal with ghosts but when it comes to material of corpses the Elves do nothing. So I find Elves good for a Vamp DPS build, and Kanians the healers, Xadaganians and Arisen are just pure acid and poison whatever you choose since they both have the versatility, but Arisen has the potential of heal too. The class dresses helped me a LOT, the passives made me understand too. Kanians must live to heal, Elves are pure DPS while Xadaganians focus on sustained damage and Arisen is a mix of acid and off heal I guess.

And, please use a ''-s'' on Gibberling-s. They aren't one person they are an army of Teemo'es.
Sorry, I talked too much.

KANIAN CLASSES:
-Warden: Druid
-Mage: Magus
-Necromancer: Warlock
-Paladin: Justicar
-Priest: Dervish
-Scout: Agent
-Warrior: Veteran
-Bard: Skald
-Technician: Inventor

ELVEN CLASSES:
-Mage: Archmage
-Necromancer: Demonologist
-Paladin: Templar
-Priest: Luminary
-Psionicist: Philosopher
-Bard: Maestro
-Technician: Magitech

GIBBERLING CLASSES: (I mean the little Teemo'es...)
-Wardens: Animists
-Psionicists: Psychics
-Scouts: Tricksters
-Warriors: Fighters

PRIDEN CLASSES: (dem Pussies)
-Warden: Herbalist
-Mage: Elementalist
-Paladin: Protector
-Priest: Monk
-Scout: Ranger
-Warrior: Savage
-Bard: Muse

XADAGANIAN CLASSES:
-Warden: Huntmaster
-Mage: Arcanist
-Necromancer: Corruptor
-Paladin: Commander
-Priest: Archon
-Psionicist: Dominator
-Scout: Spy
-Warrior: Liutenant
-Bard: Agitator
-Technician: Scientist

ORCISH CLASSES:
-Warden: Shaman
-Paladin: Enforcer
-Scout: Cutthroat
-Warrior: Harbringer
-Bard: Balladeer

ZEM CLASSES: (aka. the Arisen or the Zombehs)
-Mage: Sorcerer
-Necromancer: Mortician
-Priest: Heretic
-Psionicist: Occultist
-Techician: Technomancer

So, what do you think?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Necromancien" (Jul 6th 2015, 4:06am)

Monday, July 6th 2015, 5:10am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

First of, I'm completely fine with current class names per race in game. And I certainly wouldn't want a specific role based on race - ever! Referring to your separation in same class between races. Everyone choosing a certain class should have same abilities (except the racial skill) like it is now. I can understand your point and some of it has some ground in Allods lore but not all and overall I wouldn't want these changes to happen in the game. The part where Elves can't handle corpses surpasses my understanding... that opinion of yours isn't based on Allods lore as Elves can be very ruthless, cruel, even malice throughout Allods lore as well as beautiful, saintly and all that.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, July 6th 2015, 10:54am

You got some things wrong. I am not like ''If you are an Orc, you must be a tank if you play pally and not cast spells.'' instead I am like ''If you picked an Orc pally, you arent meant to do magic things with your pretty little wand. Even your class costume says that, and your racial spell wont help you much if you do. But what is a racial? You can do that if you please to do so.'' so it isnt a ''Must be'' it is a recommendation based on the race. Like elves do not know about acid much in their lore but you can go hardcore acid on an elf.

Yeah they can be violent sometimes, but I didnt see them that violent except for the vampires. Vampire elves are a different story though. Yeah I agree that but elves' lack of corpses is still in the allods. For example, let us take a look at elf minions.

Hellion: Demonic Kobold Gravedigger (nothing corpse-y about that, demonic things make Demonologist nicely)
Fiend: Demonic Blue / Purple Spider (Still not a corpse, not very beautiful but spider webs are graceful things I guess that may be the reason)
Lurker: Demonic Burning Harpie (I personally hated it but it is beautiful to an extent I guess)

None of these are real corpses like Xadaganian Defilers and Kanian Warlocks out there.

Class names per race is cool. But some names are utterly stupid too. I mean what paladin calls itself a Reaver? Orcs do. And the whole Magician / Archmage shenanigan too. I mean one is sounding like a little magic trickster while other conjures up elements from the sky to rain down destruction and demise. That isnt just fair.

Check the Kanian Wizard name survey. Some names were Dark Wizard and Death Mage. I am really glad I dont have a name problem but Archmage is a term which is nearly an Ascendant. Well that didnt work. Archmage is a mage who ventured hardcore into the arcane and the elements itself. And a magician, duh.

Same goes for Mystics. Arisen had nothing to do with an Occult, hell most of them were atheists that is why we call those healers heretics at the first place.

Not most of my changes needs to be done I agree but something needs to be done.

Monday, July 6th 2015, 10:54am

Xadaganians and Arisen are just pure acid and poison whatever you choose since they both have the versatility, but Arisen has the potential of heal too.

Actually Arisen Necromancer's name in the original version directly translates into "Healer".

I agree about class names being completely screwed though. They translated them better on the buffs you get for "The Masquerade" quest than on actual classes.

Monday, July 6th 2015, 12:52pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

You got some things wrong. I am not like ''If you are an Orc, you must be a tank if you play pally and not cast spells.'' instead I am like ''If you picked an Orc pally, you arent meant to do magic things with your pretty little wand. ... Like elves do not know about acid much in their lore but you can go hardcore acid on an elf.

Yeah they can be violent sometimes, but I didnt see them that violent except for the vampires. Vampire elves are a different story though. Yeah I agree that but elves' lack of corpses is still in the allods. For example, let us take a look at elf minions.

Hellion: Demonic Kobold Gravedigger (nothing corpse-y about that, demonic things make Demonologist nicely)
Fiend: Demonic Blue / Purple Spider (Still not a corpse, not very beautiful but spider webs are graceful things I guess that may be the reason)
Lurker: Demonic Burning Harpie (I personally hated it but it is beautiful to an extent I guess)

None of these are real corpses like Xadaganian Defilers and Kanian Warlocks out there.

Class names per race is cool. But some names are utterly stupid too. I mean what paladin calls itself a Reaver? Orcs do. And the whole Magician / Archmage shenanigan too. I mean one is sounding like a little magic trickster while other conjures up elements from the sky to rain down destruction and demise. That isnt just fair.

Same goes for Mystics. Arisen had nothing to do with an Occult, hell most of them were atheists that is why we call those healers heretics at the first place.
Paladins are knights of the church, thus wielding Holy skills.. in Allods it means having both physical and magical skills. Paladins strike with their weapons, parry with shield (if tank) but use their wands for self-healing etc. Is logical to me. I agree though that magical skills on massive Orc pally may seem a little silly but it fits to all other paladin races both in League and Empire.

What comes to Elves and acid... Who knows all what they have had in their very long history - the oldest existing race after Zems/Arisen? Elves are very diverse race including highly intelligent historians, builders, technicians, scientist, mages and summies that know dark arts as well as very passionate servants of Light (religious: includes healers and pallies), artist and so forth. They can be modest, vain or incredibly ambitious, which also corrupted Armando that became the first vampire. Even though the acid isn't highlighted in Elven lores, it doesn't mean they wouldn't know how to use it, more like they don't necessarily prefer using it.

As of summoners is general. I don't find it a silly class tittle as it covers the class' racial differences. If summoners would be called Necromancers as you prefer, it would dismiss Elven Demonologists right away. Summoner can, in theory, summon anything to its aid and the class needs the help of its summoned servant no matter is it dead, demonic or a spirit. Necromancer however is all around death and corpses, which would fit Xadas and Kanians just fine as they both have corpses as servants but as said before, it would dismiss Elves. While summoner can have them all. Although I would call Arisen summy as Necromancer instead Savant. Xada's Defiler is still ok although I do agree it could be Corruptor that you suggested.

I agree on Orc Reavers... it's a bit off as it sounds like a bandit. And Kanian Magician would be better as Magus as they are called in Astral Allods.

Some Zems became very keenly interested in Trinity Church and later on Arisens continued studying the holy magic. You could say Zem/Arisen are split in that matter having both atheist and church supporters although I wouldn't ever call them believers. Thus it can be justified having Heretic healer and Occultist psi.

All in all I admit some suggestions were good but is it worth doing the changes? Maybe not at this stage of the game anymore. They would have to revamp tons of lore.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 3:40pm

No Necromancer makes all zombies and no ghosts for example Kanian Ghost Bride and Xadaganian Banshees. But I agree on those. I think we could call Arisen Summoners as Technomancers but they not having any Technicians are stupid since all their body is mechanical. Changing the subject, the Elves must have that archerype too because de Ardeur does miraculous technological architecture such as the Galeon.

For the necromancers, you are mostly right though. Elves' Summoner name is so fit. Finally someone agrees me with the Reavers by the way. Yeah Orcs with sparkly wands are silly but not as silly as Orc naming itself Reaver. There are so many great names out there like Justicar is my own favorite and it is so fit for a paladin but Orcs do not have a sense of justice so much but Kanians do.

I still do not know what to call Zems. Luminomancer is a mage of light but most people may call is stupid. Really Zems are the hardest to pick a name for.

I think the necessary ones are:

-Magus: No respectful mage calls itself a ''Magician'' in the lore. It seems more like a caster for entertainment.
-Justicar: So fit for paladin. Warrior of justice, I cannot really think a better name.
-Corruptor: I hate Defiler. Corrupting takes diseases and corruptions into account while defilers do not. I mean, half of the spells attach a second enemy nearby like a chain of corruption.
-Dominator: Sounds way cooler than in-purpose-army-psionicists. I mean a special Dominator group sounds more awesome and more fit to Xadaganians which love to get a lasting thought with many propogandas, also Dominators are more fit for interrogation which most Xadaganians are fond of.

Oh, all the Priden names are trash by the way. I do not know about the rest of the game but for example if I were a creature of nature since the beginning, I would not call myself as ''Trapper'' but something more traditional and natural.

Again, as an important note I know I said some things much like ''Orcs are not supposed to do magic.'' but what I was telling you was this ''Orcs arent supposed to do magic. If you still want to have a spellcasting Orc Paladin go ahead but your class costume and your racial ability will not support you so you get more benefit with going close combat type.'' like the Elf racial of Summoners. Demonic Curse makes stacking Toxic Weakness so easily so if you are not getting that Page of the Book of Secrets you pick an elf if you are gonna get a vampirism damage build.

Actually none of the changed need a lore revamp. Most classes (Demonologists, Shamans) are the same. The only thing could be changing the lines of the Wild Isles. There is an Orc family that is full of Paladins and it is only mentioned once. None of the class names other than that are not used in the quest lines.

By the way, In the Wandering Isles there are Demonologist gibberlings. I want Gibberling Summies NOW!

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 5:41pm

summy gibberlings?! i like it give Skull Squirrels :D but in general i already thing every race should be able to play every class^^