You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 12:03pm

playing allods abroad

well ye, i'm hooked ;) . going to Thailand for 2 weeks vacation with the family and maybe will have time to squize few astral runs/bg.

so i was thinking to take my laptop but i don't know anything about the net there (is it fast enough? can i play with wifi there? if not how? etc). i saw there is an option to connect through my cell but i remember it to work bad in other countries + i'll prob get lost trying to do it and crash my cell :cursing:

i appreciate ur help.

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 12:18pm

if they have a regular internetconnection you usually should be able to play normal
allods is not a game where ping matters a lot, so even if you have 300 ping it wont bother you most likely
about bandwidth, for most things even very slow connections (16KB/s) are OK, but in crowded places like yaskers tower / novograd and arena of death you can get problems - however i doubt it will be THIS slow where you go

if you use your cellphone as modem ("tethering") be careful because some providers put "traps" like they charge you 20 cent / megabyte used in roamingareas :(

Wednesday, August 5th 2015, 10:15am

ok, i'll give it try. hope the wifi will work, tnx.

Rate this thread